BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm? Any truth in that?

I know that my dad has the Sky Sports package for the Cricket... But, we don't have the HD stuff (Box, subscription etc)

What about (Freeview) Top-Up TV?
I Know on my TV I see some scrambled channels for Sky Sports 1 & 2.
Would this be the cheapest option?

I have no wish to take out a full subscription as F1 would be the only program I'd watch on SKY.

£32 a month you might as well spend the extra £5(something like that) and get all sky channels.

Gentemen. I believe that SKY now have us by the balls.

Yep, yep they do.

I'm still holding out, for a pub that sees the potential and shows f1 over football, as all pubs will show football and one or two pubs could make a killing by being an f1 pub.

Last edited:
Sky Sport is not available on TopUp TV I don't think.

You can't just buy 1 month of Sky Sports. Theres a 1 month minimum term and 30 days notice for cancellation after the minumum term, so at minimum you need to pay for 2 months. I don't know if there are any cancellation charges too.

However, it might be worth buying a Sky Sports package for just the months when the races are on Sky only (i.e. April to October), and dropping down to basic Sky for the other months.

And Taken, I was being sarcatic :).

Anyone know if you can get Sky+ with only a single wire to the dish? I have a shared dish in my flat and only a single socket in the wall for a Sky cable. Also, any idea what channels you will get if you plug in a Sky box with no viewing card in it?

Last edited:
It is but an utter rip off and saves You next to nothing.

http://www.topuptv.com/skysports/?gclid=CJW_yKTmg6sCFYELfAodHyhl2g

Ah yeah, thats it. You can't get Sky Sports using one of those car slot things for TopUpTV compatible TVs, etc. You have to use the TopUpTV set top Box. Presumably because it stops you getting Sky Sports on a device that allows recording like the PVR boxes or Media PCs with card slots.

Still £34 a month for Sky Sport 1 and 2. Ouch.

Which Sky Sports is this on? When I got my Virgin Media package I saw I can add Sky Sports channels to it for roughly £15 extra a month, but still seems a lot just for a couple of F1 races for that price.

It will be on 1 or 2. I'm willing to bet it will chop and change between the 2 as well, so you have to buy a package of both channels, and not just the single Sky Sports 1 package that is available on some platforms.

Its not ideal but most of the football community is just watching sky sports using streams (non legal) . I watch all the football on streams pretty much and its serviceable

Obviously not as good quaility but it beats licking sky's balls

I will just watch the BBC highlights, F1 really isn't exciting enough to go any further than that not while Red Bull/Vettel are dominating, I mainly watch it every weekend in the hope of something extraordinary happening which to be honest rarely ever does.

You don't watch BBC, you don't watch Sky? Why do you have a TV at all? Surely not for ITV and C4?!

Save yourself the cash and ditch TV entirely, just keep the screen for DVDs - you don't have to have a TV licence.

I have a pc tv tuner

just c4 mainly.. Oh and some of the preview stuff like Dave if I'm bored

isn't it impossible to not pay now?

The license fee is a fee for a license to receive a broadcast TV signal. That covers all channels. You cant simply not watch BBC and refuse to buy a license.

Anyone know if you can get Sky+ with only a single wire to the dish? I have a shared dish in my flat and only a single socket in the wall for a Sky cable. Also, any idea what channels you will get if you plug in a Sky box with no viewing card in it?

you can get sky hd on 1 feed. The 2nd is to record a 2nd channel while u watch the first. With 1 feed u can only record what u watch.

Sky box won't work without a viewing card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom