BBC possibly to drop F1 coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If Sky only get 8 races then it's even worse we have to pay for it, they should make it pay per view, although it seems they are quite keen to get people on HD and will normally cut a deal, read about people getting it for £2 a month for a year.

Associate
So at £30ish a month for just 8 races, it is just not worth it.

Even if I follow your logic, as so many people already pay for sky, and some of those also have sky HD it will be substantially less than £30/month. For me IF I get HD back for £5 a month that's £5 a race, but to be honest i'll watch the first race on sky, and if its good I won't be swapping back to BBC at all.

Soldato
If you already have SKY...it's all fine and dandy. But if like me, you don't have SKY, to get SKY just for F1, is not good value for money.

Some people have stated that you get so many other channels for your £30, but I have zero interest in the other channels.

Soldato
If you already have SKY...it's all fine and dandy. But if like me, you don't have SKY, to get SKY just for F1, is not good value for money.

That's obviously completely subjective. I think it is good value for money so will be getting the sky package. Much easier that farting around with any other alternatives.

Soldato
I'm waiting for the moment next year when Martin is doing his Gridwalk and he pushes in front of the BBC to get his interview. :p

is that woman he always jumps infront of from sky? maybe the german version or something ?

i can see it now "sorry jake got some proper questions here move over"

Caporegime
I live in a region that doesn't have FreeviewHD yet, so £35 for F1 HD, Eurosport 1 and 2 HD, MotorsTV, Discovery HD, plus all the standard HD channels and all the other channels is great for me.

I am quite happy with the 2012 coverage.

I don't watch the race live when it is on at an early time.

Like others have said, Sky can **** off. Even if 100% of races were on Sky and Sky only, then I would either stream it off some foreign website or not watch F1 at all.

Caporegime
Soldato
Lee McKenzie isn't "all that".

SKY have probably made the decision to get a "new model" in. There are plenty of good looking female presenters out there, who can do just as good a job as McKenzie.

Soldato
Bah.

With Brundle gone it's just going to be a downward spiral.

I will be mighty impressed if they manage to keep the banter and close friends thing going on next year, which will ultimately lower viewing numbers if they fail. :/

I will wait and see but I'm putting money on the fact right now that the coverage and presentation simply will not be as good. Talent > *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom