BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Soldato
The interaction between the presenters seems forced. I don't mind Chris Evans on other shows but for some reason he annoyed the hell out of me on this. The gags don't work as well without the chemistry from before. This just made me miss the old top gear.

It sucks right now, but maybe it will take a season to settle down.

The "real" top gear could be good if they manage to make it appear unscripted.

Soldato
is it heresy to say the program remains rubbish , like the previous clarkson led holy triumvirate.
I guess this thread does not reach the accolades of the motors thread because there is agreement its relevance to motoring is tenuous.

leBlanc dry presentation seems to take the **** out of the format - amusing
A pity Sabine cannot become first female/unmasked stig - she might have something genuinely interesting to say about the cars, with her genuine driving pedigree.

Does audience continue to get payed to attend at studios, hard to understand why people would attend otherwise.
Only disappointment with the series's ultimate bbc demise will be that the international revenues will no longer be available to subsidise other more worthwhile bbc productions.
At least with top gear on amazon effectively pay if you want to view - hopefully amazon will soon see the error of their ways, just hope in the interim my purchases are not subsidising $7mill/episode too much.

Bring back a genuine motoring programme - that would be the courageous thing for the bbc to do

Soldato
Sabine annoys me, yeah she's a good driver but people seem to praise her higher than she is because she's an average looking woman who likes cars, Evans was annoying all episode, what's he shouting for? Matt wasn't as bad as I expected, could easily take over from Chris as the main host and **** that ginger **** off.

Soldato
I'm normally alright with Chris Evans's stuff, but that/he was awful. Le Blanc I actually thought was OK and partially saved the episode.

The rumours last week of the studio audience getting cheesed off seemed true, every shot of them had at least a few looking fairly unimpressed.

What the hell is the off-road track all about as well? :/ SIARPC just became even worse.

People hating for sake of hating imo

Its exactly the same show with all the same gags

Yeah, except it was done MUCH better and funnier.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought it was okay, Chris Evans needs to calm down/relax a little in the studio but other than that I liked it.

I think if Chris/Matt were just standing in for the original presenters (due to some obscure reason) I think it would have been well received but with the whole exit background of Clarkson and co I suspect this will get roasted as people love to jump on the whole put down bandwagon.

Soldato
Its the first ever show

They need time to bounce off one another, I guess people don't remember Clarkson, mays and hammonds first ever show

That wasn't exactly classic top gear either

RSR

RSR

Soldato
20 minutes and Ive had enough and turned it off. I just doesn't flow, I don't know if I was expecting too much from the new line up. I was also expecting a Harris review. :(

Back
Top Bottom