BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Man of Honour
Chris Evans is doing a really bad impression of Clarkson with none of the actual presenting ability. He's just dreadful.

Matt was actually pretty good. He's funny and in the films, needs a bit of work with the hosting.

They said it was going to be completely different to old Top Gear. Umm, well it's got 2 hosts instead of 3, and they've managed to make SIARPC even worse, and... ummm...

Nope. Can't see much difference other than it's nowhere near as good.

Will watch extra gear later on.

Caporegime
It was OK I guess.

I personally would have welcomed going back to the old old version of Top Gear, rather then try to rehash the 2002 and onwards version.

The former was the one I grew up with and enjoyed the most. A proper car show.

Go on YouTube and watch Motor Trend, it's a very good and quite varied car shows with great production value.

Soldato
Im.just eatching an old oneseries 16 episode 5 with Jenson Inteceptor. Clarkson is just a great narator and presenter... like Stephen Fry they just sound right... for the first time ever im 50/50 whether ill watch TG next week... have to admit

Soldato
Just finished watching, and I was really, really disappointed. Evans is trying too hard and is just annoying - why is he shouting all the time? I thought he'd promised something different, but different turned out to be turning the star in a car segment into a gameshow.

I was surprised at Matt LeBlanc being the highlight for me. Lazy scripted style out of the car, like he doesn't really give a crap, and enthusiastic when in it. Everything else though... ugh. Even the audience looked bored - looks like they had multiple takes on some parts.

Time for Prime I think.

Soldato
Agh - extra gear - willl that tell me who team members Chris Harris and Rory Reid are ? (something to do with utube channels - a quick google suggests)
An alternative name following in the '2nd gear' vein - DSG to incite the VAG owners ?

Soldato
I really hope the dual star in a rallycross car isn't going to be the usual format. That was shallow and boring.

Some of the rest of it was OK. I'll watch it (the series) again but not a great episode.

Soldato
well it coulda been worse, chris moyles. needs someone between evans and boris as the main host, dunno who that is. chris harris for the main show and more sabine, scrub the bbc3 thing. keep matt.

Man of Honour
Haven't watched it yet been out all afternoon, but ouch at the comments on here and twitter, seems destined to be cancelled. What a waste of tax payers money the top gear brand was worth millions.

Caporegime
Replace tonights presenters with Hammond, May & Clarkson and everybody would be bitching - as they used to, myself included - about how the formula was tired and getting predictable etc etc etc.

So, in short, they've replaced old TG down to a tee.

I hope they decide to ditch replicating the old and go with new, but, from what I've seen so far (via iPlayer) its the old show with the only difference being the presenters, not a lot really has changed tbh, new presenters, old issues.

Not bad, not bad at all in its own right, I am enjoying it for what it is.

Soldato
Shocked it was SO unoriginal, I really thought Evans was going to make it something different.

The section with Eisenberg and Ramsay was like some awful pantomime - cheer to see who has the best *****. Did he actually talk to them?

Back
Top Bottom