BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Man of Honour
Just a shame Jezza messed it up for everybody, Them 2, himself & the audience & fans of Top Gear.

a) its not the same show, the script writing was terrible, absolutely terrible. let alone CE.
B) he might not have messed it up for everyone, grand tour might be mazing, on the other hand it might be terrible.
however given the name I have high hops, the usual show I wasn't that bothered by, it was the special that was just epic TV.

Man of Honour
Have they changed the writers then ?

no idea, but go back and watch it, especially the reliant segment, nothing happened, no jokes, no funny, barely anything above boring statements about what we can clearly see.
either writers have left, or the writers are so tuned into the old presenters they don't know what to do. lets be honest it wasn't all just scripted, c,h,m had in jokes that came about and then like you do in a friend group, constantly got repeated into an in joke. this show lacked any such interaction between them.
there was far more of that on the extra between CH and that other guy. promote those two to main show with MLB, kick CE and find there own way, and it might become watchable. if they haven't had time to gel as a group. send them on some team bonding.

I suggested earlier should have sent them and the writers on a few banger rallies or something, just to develop a bond and some interactions, which then the writers could script to.
Are we talking Flop Gear or Grand Tour?

in my post was talking about both.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
no idea, but go back and watch it.

I actually wrote that I am going to have to go & watch it again & see what you are all on about but deleted it & wrote the above instead.
I will go watch it again though as it does seem like it's only me that thought it was the same as the last.

Soldato
Evans is still banging on about viewing figures on Twitter. FACT.

Not sure he comprehends that a large percentage of people a) tuned in purely out of interest give it was the first episode of a new era and b) started watching after the programme started as the social media backlash began just to see how bad it actually was.

Or maybe he just doesn't give a **** and is only bothered about numbers and £££.

Don
This is going to last 1 series and then that'll be it, based on what I've just watched of it.
The whole thing just felt so forced and was a far cry from the scripted but natural shenanigans of Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

Man of Honour
twitter is more exciting than the show. CE does protest to much.

and shows how dreadful the rest of tv is, when I have nothing better to do.
still maintain it could work if they sacked CE and got CH and rory with MLB on main show. then sort the scripting issue out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
At least the production values are still high. The cinematography is excellent as always.

But yeah, not a fan. Chris Evans need to go and his Twitter just screams of idiot.

Associate
Definetly not the same comedy value which Top Gear was known for, I know the trio had years of chemistry but doubt the new bunch will match it.

Was it just me or did anything else find the Gordon Ramsey segment a bit cringe worthy flashing his wealth like that?

As for Evan's voice... atleast he's not a radio pre.... oh wait. :p

Back
Top Bottom