BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Soldato
His twitter feed is hilarious. ''I'M ACTING LIKE A SHOUTY 12 YEAR OLD. FACT"

He bangs on about viewing figures for the first show, the fact is it was always going to have high viewership as people want to see whether it's good or bad. The reality will be the 2nd onwards as if there is a consistent decline then I don't see the show lasting beyond a panic re-reboot next season.

The Top Gear brand relied heavily on the camaraderie and friendship of the cast. Evans and LeBlanc (who I think was actually not bad) have no chemistry and aren't believable as a pairing. If they don't dump Evans I doubt there will be much to salvage and TGT will probably be the final nail.

Associate
Who actually likes Chris Evans? Even reading his past tweets he comes across as some screamy shouty nonse. Can't wait for Amazon Top Gear, won't take much to be better than that lark.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think they should have changed direction and gone the serious car show route. TG once used to be serious of course but was still entertaining. The new show is just trying to copy Clarkson, Hammond and May and it all seems a bit too try-hard.

Only Those three can do what they did on TG, everyone else imitating that just is weird.

Soldato
They should have also included bikes. The name doesn't suggest purely a car show, so I don't see why they don't have a feature on the latest bikes.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I would say it is, i am really into cars, most of my friends are really into cars. All of us are petrolheads, drive stupid cars, and watch stuff like top gear.

.....yet none of us care about bikes even slightly and would probably turn over if a serious bike feature came on....

Soldato
I could say the same about my group of friends, but we're all in to bikes, all petrolheads and all ride stupid bikes & don't care about cars in the slightest (well, I like cars, but nothing I could afford).

Once you start asking, there are a huge amount of people that ride/have ridden or at least like bikes. Certainly enough to warrant a feature on Top Gear. I'm not saying a feature every week as there simply aren't as many bikes around worth featuring, it'd just be nice to see the latest top of the range bikes tested/reviewed (testing your average commuter bike would be pretty dull for a TV show).

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I could say the same about my group of friends, but we're all in to bikes, all petrolheads and all ride stupid bikes & don't care about cars in the slightest (well, I like cars, but nothing I could afford).

Once you start asking, there are a huge amount of people that ride/have ridden or at least like bikes. Certainly enough to warrant a feature on Top Gear. I'm not saying a feature every week as there simply aren't as many bikes around worth featuring, it'd just be nice to see the latest top of the range bikes tested/reviewed (testing your average commuter bike would be pretty dull for a TV show).

I dont agree..I dont think bikes have anything like the following to justify anything beyond the odd silly race feature on top gear.

I have never had anything to do with bikes really though, so i would think that :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
You would have thought that perhaps there could certainly be an opening for bikes on the Extra Gear spinoff wouldnt you...:)

Associate
Saw some of the amphibious cars episode on dave yesterday where they cross a lake. Reminded me how much more entertaining the old guys were.

Also doing the cool wall and clarkson insults one bloke for wearing shorts and another for his ears. Can't see that sort of stuff happening now :(

Soldato
Saw some of the amphibious cars episode on dave yesterday where they cross a lake. Reminded me how much more entertaining the old guys were.

Also doing the cool wall and clarkson insults one bloke for wearing shorts and another for his ears. Can't see that sort of stuff happening now :(

Nope, Chris Evans would probably get punched if he did that :p

I'm also wondering what's happened to all the hot girls in the audience at the front that always used to be there!

Soldato
I thought id give it a go, i lasted to the opening credits where he was trying to talk in a deep gritty clarkson voice and turned it off.

Indeed. To me it felt like a silly 'homage' to "I wear a hat, James wears a hat, and Richard wears a hat", only much much worse, but really, you should at least watch SOME of the show to know your hatred is not misplaced :)

Man of Honour
I like that CE just keeps appearing on Twitter banging on about it being a FACT that they had large viewer numbers and it's been watched how ever many times on iPlayer.

Let's see if he continues being able to beat that drum in the coming weeks now everyone's seen the 1st episode.

Back
Top Bottom