Beat saber

Soldato
I use WidmoVR cotton facial interface covers. They soak up sweat and are machine washable. Wearing a head sweatband also helps keep the Rift free of sweat.

Associate
New update today and ModSaber seems to be doing an April fools joke you can't get past which is annoying :mad:

New update appears to have messed up my starting position with the game thinking i am stand looking completely the wrong way at the menu so have to turn 90 degrees to the right :S

*Update* starting position solved by resetting sensor tracking in oculus app.

Last edited:
Soldato
New update today and ModSaber seems to be doing an April fools joke you can't get past which is annoying :mad:

New update appears to have messed up my starting position with the game thinking i am stand looking completely the wrong way at the menu so have to turn 90 degrees to the right :S

*Update* starting position solved by resetting sensor tracking in oculus app.

Beat Saber has always done that to me. Whenever I start the game I have to reset my view. Half the time it has me standing inside the screen so all the letters are reversed.

It's a general issue with VR (to do with it being relatively new I guess) that there's no consistent way for games to decide when and hot to set up the view. Project Cars 2 was the most infuriating - it always used to reset my view by about 30 degrees every time a new race started, which is very useful when you're now sat in front of a steering wheel which is not pointing in the same direction as your car! Thankfully I found a menu setting to stop it doing that.

Associate
Beat Saber has always done that to me. Whenever I start the game I have to reset my view. Half the time it has me standing inside the screen so all the letters are reversed.

It's a general issue with VR (to do with it being relatively new I guess) that there's no consistent way for games to decide when and hot to set up the view. Project Cars 2 was the most infuriating - it always used to reset my view by about 30 degrees every time a new race started, which is very useful when you're now sat in front of a steering wheel which is not pointing in the same direction as your car! Thankfully I found a menu setting to stop it doing that.

I don't generally have that problem but glad a reset of sensor tracking for me solved it.

I see that ModSaber have released an update which has enabled custom songs again, just desperate for CameraPlus to be updated as without that local multiplayer is no fun as screen mirroring is terrible on Beat Saber IMO.

Soldato
Interesting, what's your issue with screen mirroring?

I used to have a major issue with audio mirroring, where the pitch would gradually change until it was a screechy mess. But recent patches (either to Beat Saber itself, or to the Rift) seem to have solved that.

The screen has always seemed fine though - although when the player crouches, it does appear that they're not looking down the line of the blocks any more, so I have sometimes suspected it's not an exact representation of what they're seeing. Is that what you're referring to?

Associate
OP
Hmm...

https://www.reddit.com/r/beatsaber/comments/b91dme/modsaber_is_down_details_to_come/
Hey everyone!

Some of you have noticed that ModSaber (https://www.modsaber.org/) is down, and so is the github (https://github.com/lolPants/ModSaber).

I'm not going to tell you why this is happening, as we're still figuring out all the details. Due to the nature of these developments (some of it is personal for some people) I'm not going to elaborate on this until we have some clear footing on what should be told to the public.

What's important is that we acknowledge that ModSaber is down, and we are working on it. Several plans are already in motion.

Edit: This has nothing do with the EULA change.

Edit - I should clarify that you can still manually add mods, just not via modsaber until they sort out what ever is happening. The discord server in the OP has more information.

The reddit post has some useful info as well including the sticked post linking to where you can get the individual mods. - https://pastebin.com/Bcm85dpd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom