Beat saber

Associate
The Proclaimers, I'm gonna be (500 miles) is a cracker as well. That pattern through the chorus is just big swinging arms like exaggerated walking, very fun.

Soldato
So are there song packs that you buy or can you use your own tracks?
Epoch, in the first post of this thread, really helpfully posted a load of information about this - and he even updates it when things change. Have a look there for the links.

The short answer to your question though is that the vast majority are non-official fan made 'levels' using tracks not included in the game.

Soldato
The game updated to version 1.2.0 a few days ago, and Mod Assistant seems to not yet support it (newest it lists is 1.1.0p.1)

I think I just need to wait, and keep running it to see when it has auto-updated. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me though!

Associate
OP
The game updated to version 1.2.0 a few days ago, and Mod Assistant seems to not yet support it (newest it lists is 1.1.0p.1)

I think I just need to wait, and keep running it to see when it has auto-updated. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me though!
I haven't been able to play for ages but just gave it a go tonight and Mod Assistant seems to be working fine for me, so they might have updated it since you last tried.
I can still manage expert, but the expert plus is giving me a kicking at the moment.

Soldato
Ammusingly i found the :
Pirates of the caribbean
Sword fighting theme tracks and thought it was well time, just lacking a bit in the quiet sections recomed that if you want to feel part of the movie spirate :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Dropping down the popularity list on BeatDrop has unearthed a couple of gems. Duran Duran's Wild Boys makes total sense, but probably less so Pat benatar's 'Hit me with your best shot' which turns out to be one of the most fluid maps I've played.

Pretty much all on expert now, compared to Audica life is easy.

Associate
Has anyone who plays expert plus gone from rift to rift s, did you find the tracking better, worse or the same. I get tracking issues every now and then and was wondering if upgrading to rift s may help.

Soldato
I want this game and a headset before the end of the year!

I'm hoping a VR Headset will come up on deal this Black Friday, will I be ok buying the HTC Vive? as this is what I used at a friends house and it seemed good!

Soldato
Any of the major commercial headsets will play Beatsaber. I saw something that the Rift might go 350 on or around Black Friday, but don't quote me on that. If your looking for low cost then the Rift is a good bet, it has better definition over the original Vive I believe.

Soldato
I want this game and a headset before the end of the year!

I'm hoping a VR Headset will come up on deal this Black Friday, will I be ok buying the HTC Vive? as this is what I used at a friends house and it seemed good!
Htc vive is old technology now. Rift s is supposed be down to £350 on black friday. I have one and can fully recommend it.

Soldato
Any of the major commercial headsets will play Beatsaber. I saw something that the Rift might go 350 on or around Black Friday, but don't quote me on that. If your looking for low cost then the Rift is a good bet, it has better definition over the original Vive I believe.

Htc vive is old technology now. Rift s is supposed be down to £350 on black friday. I have one and can fully recommend it.

Thank you both, I'll wait for Black Friday!

Soldato
As I said on another thread, the Index is the best all-round system but you're paying top dollar for it. If you have the money, and the places to mount the lighthouses, it's definitely worth it.

But for the price of a complete Index system (Headset, Lighthouses, and Controllers) you can buy a Rift S AND a Quest AND have over £100 for games, which is pretty amazing.

Associate
Im so close to buying the Valve Index. Its only money /cough

Quick qusetion as this is the beat saber thread. Can this be played in a small space only stood up but unable to move off the spot?

Associate
Smaller space than most vr games. You ideally need a little sideways movement as blocks are slightly off to the sides. If you watch argumented reality videos of it you will see the space being used is small. I think you would need a 6 X 4 ft space.

Soldato
Can this be played in a small space only stood up but unable to move off the spot?

Something i do myself as more floor space is no more than 3 feet wide before i start crashing in to things and the dread kicks in every time I crack my Index controls. You'll be fine in a small area as long as you pick your fresh air space wisely.

Beatsaber works out, but stuff like Gorn or Racket NX, not so much.

Associate
Something i do myself as more floor space is no more than 3 feet wide before i start crashing in to things and the dread kicks in every time I crack my Index controls. You'll be fine in a small area as long as you pick your fresh air space wisely.

Beatsaber works out, but stuff like Gorn or Racket NX, not so much.
Will add, that you just gotta make sure that you have enough cable height when you're ducking down constatnly.

Back
Top Bottom