Beerwulf - cheap online beer shop (well, for Belgian beers at least)

Soldato
Got an email from Mark at BW a few days ago stating that the inconsiderate swine at yodel have destroyed half my order :(

I had this problem, although they destroyed my entire order. They organised a replacement to send as soon as they knew the extent, then customs seized it!

The third order - one they gave me £5 off for - arrived without a hitch though. Exceptional service from BW though.

Soldato
Did an order on Beerwulf. I got the Belgian 16 variety pack and a a few other single bottles that i have had before in Bruges/Ghent. Did a small order from Beerhawk as i wanted a Jupiler glass, can't find any of the actual beer for reasonable money so far though.

Why have i got a feeling that Yodel are going to smash some glasses? :(

Will post a pic when it all arrives.

Soldato
Seemed to have upped some prices recently...

Price comparison with my previous order on 16/05 to now.

Kwak was £1.89 now £2.19
Rochefort 10 was £2.49 now £2.99
La Chouffe Blonde D'ardenne was £1.79 now £1.99

Some things remain the same such as Triple Karmeliet which is still £1.69 a bottle, and Grimbergen Tripel which is £1.19 still.

I checked an earlier order on 25/04 and Kwak was actually £1.69 so it's gone up 50p per bottle in 2 months or so.

Permabanned

Kwak was £1.89 now £2.19

Some things remain the same such as Triple Karmeliet which is still £1.69 a bottle, and Grimbergen Tripel which is £1.19 still.

I checked an earlier order on 25/04 and Kwak was actually £1.69 so it's gone up 50p per bottle in 2 months or so.

Yeha I noticed that too. Hope it's not a continuing trend... I like the site a lot and they have great customer service, put the prices are what keep me there.

Soldato
The advert for Father's day makes me laugh, "...to your FARRTHUR".

Need to try this place before they price themselves out by the sounds of it!

Last edited:
Associate

Kwak was £1.89 now £2.19

That's unfortunate, I ordered some Rochefort 10 on the 1/04, it was priced at £2.29, good job I ordered 24 bottles!

Soldato
I don't know if they were finding it hard to make a good profit on the prices they had, or the 12 bottles free shipping thing is proving expensive.

I'd not necessarily be against free shipping on say 24 bottles total if they made the prices a bit better again, as I could happily order 24 in one go and have it last me a bit.

The Belgian Beer Pack at £26.95 for a selection of 16 is still reasonably priced if they come back in stock to order. Previously there wasn't much in it compared to choosing your own, but it's a few quid cheaper now than the individual prices.

St Bernardus 12 is still £2.09 a bottle and that's similar-ish to the Rochefort 10.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Got another order coming in soon, will be my fourth. Mainly tripels under £1.80. I was given a £5 off voucher when they said my order had been delayed over the last bank holiday weekend (although it turned up in the same timeframe my previous orders had), so used that.

Also got a second £5 off voucher for signing up to their mailing list, pretty good really!

No issues with my orders so far, although I've heard of a few customs seizures outside of this thread. Fingers crossed their prices keep low.

Soldato
That's quite an increase. Most of the ones I ordered were the same price as before though.

Kwak, Duvel, Rochefort 10 and La Chouffe Blone Dardenne are all more expensive than they were back in March.

Mark from BW said this as I queried it:

"We had to increase some of our prices and will not be able to lower them again. Our intention has always been to offer a fair price for the Customer and the Brewer. We found that we were well below the prices that were seen as the suggested retail price (provided by the brewers) for a few of the beers. Unfortunately, that means that we've had to increase a few prices to stay fair. I understand that it's disappointing, but it will allow us to keep providing you with quality Belgian beers."

The Belgian pack is still £26.95 (individual prices are over £30 combined) though and that hasn't changed, so anyone who doesn't mind the selection effectively has a price freeze on that until they adjust it: https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb/c/beers/uk-pack/belgian-beer-pack/

Soldato
Second purchase from these guys went smoothly. Although anything is smooth compared to the first time.

Karmeliet and Rochefort are two personal faves in the beer world now.

Back
Top Bottom