Beerwulf - cheap online beer shop (well, for Belgian beers at least)

Soldato
Grimbergen Triple just had a massive price spike from £1.19 a bottle to £1.99, that is a big increase! Luckily I stocked up on some as I have 9 or 10 of them, but that is a shame to see as it was a favorite of mine.

The evidence does point to more increases so anything that looks reasonable value I would grab it whilst you can. I can see them upping the Karmeliet as well as that's been at £1.69 a bottle since march and is one of the few they have not increased in price.

If the Belgian pack comes back into stock they don't seem to adjust that one still so it's keeping the same original price despite some price increases of the contained bottles.

Last edited:
Permabanned
^^^^ That's a damn shame. I love the Triple, but there's no way I'll be bulk buying it at that price anymore. Might as well just go to Morrisons and try out a few random cans/bottles.

Soldato
Had a bottle of the Rochefort 10' (11.3%) the other night. Not for the faint hearted! I have to admit it was quite a chore to finish off. I really like some of the strong-ish blondes (~8%), but this was a fair bit too much for me.

Soldato
Had a bottle of the Rochefort 10' (11.3%) the other night. Not for the faint hearted! I have to admit it was quite a chore to finish off. I really like some of the strong-ish blondes (~8%), but this was a fair bit too much for me.

I prefer the Rochefort 8 I think, although it's probably the unpopular opinion :)

Grimbergen Dubbel was still £1.19 when I checked last night, I threw one in the fridge to see if I would want more at the same price as the old tripel. I usually prefer tripels over dubbels/quads though.

Last edited:
Permabanned

Aye, completely agree. The alcohol flavour is SO dominant! Tried it once and tipped half the bottle away.

Soldato
I find the alcohol "hit" in any beer over 7% is too much for me unfortunately. It is a shame because most of the beers in the variety pack are over 7.

I do really enjoy Brugge Zot and Affligem blonde though, really nice and relatively easy beers to drink. I also like Troubador blonde which i had in Lowlander cafe in London but i can't find it on BeerWulf.

Soldato
Yeah I'd quite like to try Jupiler don't think I've ever had it before, it's one of the mass market ones but for some reason never made it to our supermarkets here. On hot days like this a nice refreshing lager is exactly what you want!

Associate
That’s a fair way for delivery given you’re based in Perth!

He meant Saturday next week!

Perth, Scotland!

Still hasn't arrived. :(

Just clicked the track parcel link in the email and the parcel has been at the local depot since Saturday. They haven't even tried to deliver it yet. Yodel :rolleyes:

Some jakeball's probably tanned them all.

Associate
Ordered some more Duvel Tripel Hop x24 & Bush Amber x24, in case they increase the price suddenly.

I would have ordered some Grimbergen Triple as well, though their current price of £1.99 makes no sense, you might as well have the Duvel Tripel at £1.97, which is far superior.

Soldato
Ordered some more Duvel Tripel Hop x24 & Bush Amber x24, in case they increase the price suddenly.

I would have ordered some Grimbergen Triple as well, though their current price of £1.99 makes no sense, you might as well have the Duvel Tripel at £1.97, which is far superior.

Good shout, ordered another Belgian ale pack today, and 12 more Karmeliet triples's for the same sort of reason :)

I checked one of my older orders back in March, I paid £1.39 for Duvel and £1.89 for Duvel Tripel. Duvel is actually the same price in Tescos at the moment at about £2 a bottle (cheaper if you get 3 x for £5.25 on deal).

Duvel Tripel has only gone up a little so that's decent at least.

Soldato
The disappointment hasn’t ended there, order finally arrived and it’s 14 beers short.

14 Sounds like you're missing a box. Most of the boxes I've had are 12/14/16 ales per box.

Also more price rises recently, some of them are just straight up unaffordable now compared to sourcing elsewhere. For example Duvel price on on par with Tescos, and Delirium Tremens is actually cheaper at Tescos.

Price changes from 26/03 to now, with 26/03 price on the left. I am glad I ordered some more Kameliet Triples before they upped the prices in the last day or two.

St. Bernardus Abt 12 £2.09 - £2.99
Rochefort 10' £2.29 - £2.99
Delirium Tremens £1.89 - £2.99
La Chouffe Blonde D'ardenne - £1.59 - £1.99
Pauwel Kwak £1.69 - £2.19
Duvel £1.39 - £1.99
Duvel Tripel £1.89 - £2.39
Karmeliet Tripel - £1.69 - £2.49
Grimbergen Triple £1.19 - £2.49
Grimbergen Dubbel £1.19 - £1.99
Kasteel Triple £1.59 - £3.19

Soldato
Contact the Beerwulf guys, whatever else they are doing at the moment with prices I am sure they will sort it out for you, Mark has been very good for me when I've needed to query them.

Is there much left on Beerwulf that is good value? Kasteel blonde seems to have stayed the same price as before but I suspect it will go up if they re-stock it. I guess the game now is finding whatever hasn't gone up and ordering it before it does!

I am done for the moment though, got a good backlog. I fired an email to Mark at Beerwulf stating I would find it hard to justify ordering in the future compared to visiting my local supermarket.

Associate
I’ve already emailed Mark once for this order as it was sent a few days late due to some technical issue and he refunded 15% of my order already.

I have let him know how disappointed I was considering this was only my second order and I had issues with my first one.

I’m finding it hard to justify to order from them again considering the price rises

Associate
I think the order I placed a few days ago will be my last, the competitive prices are largely gone now. I'd wanted x24 of Kasteel Tripel but it was out of stock @ £1.59, no way I'm paying double.

Time to forget about Beerwulf and move on.

Back
Top Bottom