Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Soldato
+1 He's done an amazing job today and actually did some overtaking. :eek: :D

must have missed that - he passed a couple of Tourro Rosso's, a couple of FI's and one Merc (as one was behind him anyway) , come on none of these cars can challange a RB on any track without strange conditions

Overtaking Kimi was probably the only thing that really challanged him (all the rest were a matter of time)

Nothing really to make him "driver of the day"

Caporegime
Alonso is 63 points ahead of Jenson now. That really isn't a lot if you consider a race win for Jenson next weekend and a DNF for Alonso...

But Grosjean isn't racing and Maldonado is going to be well back down the grid with his penalties. Who else is there to punt Alonso off?

Soldato
Alonso is 63 points ahead of Jenson now. That really isn't a lot if you consider a race win for Jenson next weekend and a DNF for Alonso...

LOL maybe Jenson will DNF and Alonso will win, Jenson will need to beat Lewis, Kimi, Webber and Vettel, and I doubt all them are going to be DNF.

smr

smr

Soldato
LOL maybe Jenson will DNF and Alonso will win, Jenson will need to beat Lewis, Kimi, Webber and Vettel, and I doubt all them are going to be DNF.

Bit of trivia for you... Jenson has finished 2nd in the last 3 Monza races :)

Now, with his confidence flying after Spa and being in an awesome car again again he will definitely be on it for the win imo.

I have a gut feeling that Alonso will have another bad weekend next weekend.

And even if Lewis, Seb and Mark etc. score well Jenson will be right back in there.

Soldato
Bit of trivia for you... Jenson has finished 2nd in the last 3 Monza races :)

Now, with his confidence flying after Spa and being in an awesome car again again he will definitely be on it for the win imo.

I have a gut feeling that Alonso will have another bad weekend next weekend.

And even if Lewis, Seb and Mark etc. score well Jenson will be right back in there.

And he might finish 2nd again, behind Alonso, who has never been off the podium at Monza for Ferrari, bit of trivia for you :)

He will need a miracle if Alonso, Lewis, Kimi, Seb, Webber all drop enough points in 8 races to let him in with a chance, Jenson would need to win every race and that is simply not going to happen.

Permabanned
grosjean took out button and hamilton at spa in 2009 as well

"Romain Grosjean ran into the back of Jenson Button who in turn spun 180° and collided with Grosjean for a second time, causing them to both retire. Lewis Hamilton backed off after seeing the incidents ahead of him, which caused Jaime Alguersuari to run into him; both crashed into the barrier and retired"

Soldato
must have missed that - he passed a couple of Tourro Rosso's, a couple of FI's and one Merc (as one was behind him anyway) , come on none of these cars can challange a RB on any track without strange conditions

Overtaking Kimi was probably the only thing that really challanged him (all the rest were a matter of time)

Nothing really to make him "driver of the day"

He got past Webber and then took Senna despite the fact that MW had been stuck behind the Williams for an ice age and SV was on a one-stop strategy.

His passes weren't as exciting as Kimi/Msc up Eau Rouge but he had the tactics into Bus Stop nailed.

I'm not a big fan of Seb but credit where credit's due; he had a good race.

Soldato
Well that was a fun race! (catching up from sunday football)

FIA have got the punishment right for Grosjean just, he was a little too ambitious on the start and cost a lot of people the race, it is harsh to ban someone for a race but at the end of the day he made an unnecessary move that made a big smash, just part of the learning curve.

Did Maldonardo get away with his start??

Full credit to Button for winning that, first weekend in a while he's really looked in from, probably helped a bit with no running to whinge about the set up :p

Soldato
And he might finish 2nd again, behind Alonso, who has never been off the podium at Monza for Ferrari, bit of trivia for you :)

He will need a miracle if Alonso, Lewis, Kimi, Seb, Webber all drop enough points in 8 races to let him in with a chance, Jenson would need to win every race and that is simply not going to happen.

Its not impossible for JB and Lewis to both score next weekend and JB to still be the leading McLaren by Sunday night

Depending on how the Lotus performs next weekend, its also not impossible for Kimi to only get a handful of points anyway (which even with a 2nd for Jenson would allow JB to be within reach of surpassing Kimi relatively easily in 1 or 2 races let alone 7 or 8

If Webber / Alsonso / Seb all take points out of each other depending on the track it would be relatively easily for the others to catch up

He got past Webber and then took Senna despite the fact that MW had been stuck behind the Williams for an ice age and SV was on a one-stop strategy.

His passes weren't as exciting as Kimi/Msc up Eau Rouge but he had the tactics into Bus Stop nailed.

I'm not a big fan of Seb but credit where credit's due; he had a good race.

However good the Williams is currently , Senna in one vs Vettel in a RB is no competition

Yes he did have a good race (I didnt say otherwise) - it just doesnt make him "driver of the day"

Soldato
However good the Williams is currently , Senna in one vs Vettel in a RB is no competition

Yes he did have a good race (I didnt say otherwise) - it just doesnt make him "driver of the day"

We'll have to agree to disagree. I assume your driver of the day is JB?

While his lights-to-flag was impeccable (and definitely his best result for a long time) he was out of sight for the whole race, all he had to do was keep his nose clean.

Seb on the other hand got through the pile-up, made up nine places to be on the podium and had to overtake people to do it.

It's like an argument we might have had last year but in reverse. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
We'll have to agree to disagree. I assume you're driver of the day is JB?

While his lights-to-flag was impeccable (and definitely his best result for a long time) he was out of sight for the whole race, all he had to do was keep his nose clean.

Seb on the other hand got through the pile-up, made up nine places to be on the podium and had to overtake people to do it.

It's like an argument we might have had last year but in reverse. :p

And we wait.... :p

Caporegime
Yep he was banned but raced under appeal, then MS made him look a tool and they withdrew their appeal. MS was ahead of JV and slowed him down and Irvine overtook both of them :D IIRC

It didn't happen like that at all. Jv was holding up MS by going slowly. Irvine had a bad start and Ferrari used MS to help Irvine pass both Hakinnen and MS at the esses. Irvine was then free to pass JV and as Mclaren kept out of the fight Jacques and Williams stupid plan was foiled.

I find it more embarrasing that JV was racing 5 seconds off the pace and still MS didn't dare or couldn't pass him.

The whole of the end of 97 was tainted for me, both with MS actions and Williams collusion with Mclaren.

Soldato
He will drop 10 places - 5 for the jump and 5 for accident with Glock on the restart. I think he would have had a drive through for jumping the start, if he hadn't retired from the race.

Sounds about right, shouldn't he be up for another reprimand seeing how many times he has been in the stewards office this season?

Back
Top Bottom