Bengals...

Soldato
vonhelmet said:
How does it go again... CAN. OPEN. WORMS. EVERYWHERE.

Is that close enough?

Not that I don't agree, btw.
:D

Our cat was free, she adopted us.

Well when I say adopted, it was more of a muscling in, she spent a week sitting on the kitchen window crying to be let in from half 4 in the morning till gone midnight. We relented.

Soldato
All of my pets have been rescued in some way - ie not all from shelters, as a couple were from people who couldn't look after them anymore and 1 was a stray wild cat :p

We also had rescue Goldfish after my sister, her friend and I were forbidden from getting them and did anyway! We had to keep to friends one and she came to visit :)

Only exception was for a German Shepherd called Barney - he was too big for anyone to take so we got him :D

Soldato
Are most cats at rescue centres adults? That's the main thing that would dissuade me from going for that option - I'd prefer to raise a kitten rather than have a full grown cat.

Plus I can't imagine that you get m(any?) Bengals at rescue centres?

Soldato
Von Luck said:
Are most cats at rescue centres adults? That's the main thing that would dissuade me from going for that option - I'd prefer to raise a kitten rather than have a full grown cat.

Plus I can't imagine that you get m(any?) Bengals at rescue centres?

nah, we got george at 12 weeks, and Milly at 6 months. then later on we got Alfie at 8 weeks and Bella at 6 months :) We wanted her a little older with being out at work and wanted her to be able to 'hold her own' against the others :D

There were loads of kittens there when we went and got Alfie, over 20 - far too many in fact :(

JRS

JRS

Soldato
We had to re-train our current resident cat to be a housecat for quite a while after she dislocated her tail at the base of her spine - not a pleasant injury to pick up I imagine. She took to it pretty well despite having been an outdoorsy cat right up until that point. She still doesn't go out much even now, despite having regained some movement in her tail now and gotten some of her balance back (she was always clumsy, but even more so when her tail was just acting as dead weight).

Cats are more adaptable to indoor life than people give them credit for. A pair of Bengals in a reasonable sized house could get enough exercise and fun just chasing each other around and playing with you and your g/f.

Associate
I want to get some bengal cats when i`m able to give them somewhere good to live. Living in a small 3 bedroom 3rd story flat in central london at the moment so its not really an option :(

Permabanned
OP
fatiain said:
Instead of spending silly money on pedigree cats, why don't you get a rescue cat and donate some cash to some random cat charity?

I do regular volunteer work for a local cat rescue when I can get the time away from work and other commitments and I donate regularly to a few other local rescues; my conscience is sated in that respect :)

*n

Soldato
PFG said:
more pics of ppl's kittens/cats please :)

me lurves felines

ok just for you ;) here's one of ours:

bellafeather.jpg

Soldato
Our cats are rescue cats and to be honest the fact they weren't kittens was a good thing.
Don't get me wrong - kittens are cute, yes of course they are.
However we wanted to introduce ours to the house and we didn't have the time that kittens demand.
We haven't had to go through any toilet training, we haven't had the hassle of eaten furniture, carpets etc.
Both came in and immediately knew what they were and were not allowed to chew on (toys fine, sofa no) and knew what a litter tray was and how to use it.

Whichever option you go for I'm sure you'll have good fun.
Just remember there are a lot of unwanted or "second hand" cats out there that can and will give you plenty of love and effection.

Soldato
PikeyPriest said:
We had one from a rescue home in scotland. Really nice cat and lived to nearly 20. Definitely recommend the breed.

Next door have 3 siamese (sp??) cats and all of them are good natured aswell, though they can be loud :eek:

haha, our George is only 1/2 siamese, and he's embarassing enough, can hear him about 3 streets away :D

Suspended
penski said:
I certainly wouldn't call it cruel; that's quite offensive.

PC gone mad. You take offense that what you intend to do is held as cruel by other cat owners? :rolleyes:

If I beat my wife, and you told me I'm being cruel, I would find that offensive too. :rolleyes:

Lock yourself in your house for a month and see how you like it. It's a life prison sentence for cats, basically. Just because they never have been out doesn't mean they shouldn't ever experience it. If you love your pet why lock him up? I know our cat would rather be rolling around on the patio/driveway than be locked up in a room during this time of year. Our tomcat stayed out around 21 hours a day, and went missing for weeks at a time.

Back
Top Bottom