Benq FP241W (Now available from OcUK!!!!!)

ATI

ATI

Associate
maybe this is the new manufactuing batch Benq is talking about?

can anyone confirm this

latest manufacturing date

1:1 Pm Fix

Associate
ATI said:
can anyone confirm this

latest manufacturing date
1:1 Pm Fix
I just got one of these yesterday (not from OcUK, but it seems like new stock is getting to everyone at pretty much the same time), and it's got a manufacturing date of December 2006, and it has the 1:1 fix..

Absolutely incredible screen too! :D

ATI

ATI

Associate
cheers for that mate

anychance you could stick some photos here or getting in touch with me via my trust, to ask you some other things pls :)

i wanted to ask you or anyone who got this monitor currently, have you exerienced any problems with screen going on and off for a sec or 2 using the provided dvi cable?

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
ATI said:
any chance you could stick some photos here
Here's a pic of the menu.. only got a K750i, so quality is.. umm.. not genius.. but it does show the 1:1 menu item present.

ATI said:
i wanted to ask you or anyone who got this monitor currently, have you exerienced any problems with screen going on and off for a sec or 2 using the provided dvi cable?
Nope.. not had anything like that happen. Using the supplied DVI cable, not had any problems since I set it up yesterday morning.. and i've been using it pretty much constantly. The only thing that kind of annoys me is that when powered on at the mains, it needs physically turning on with the button on the side.. my old Sony monitor used to just enter standby mode automatically when connected to a power source, and then wake up when it got a signal over DVI/VGA. Only a minor thing though, and not enough to worry about.

Cheers,
Arnie

ATI

ATI

Associate
loooks good

how do you about the power?

usuuly the main stays on and than the monitor should go on stand by if the pc shuts down or if you set in the power setting :confused:

and yaa thats right when it recieves signal it should wake up again, you saying it doesnt do that?

emailed you a question as well, if thats ok?

i,m bit worried now u said that mate :(

Last edited:
Associate
ATI said:
usuuly the main stays on and than the monitor should go on stand by if the pc shuts down or if you set in the power setting. and yaa thats right when it recieves signal it should wake up again, you saying it doesnt do that?
Naah.. don't worry! :D

If the monitor stays in standby (ie plugged in, but PC off.. or it's set to do so in power settings), then it wakes up perfectly well. I just noticed that if I actually unplug from the mains, then when plugged back in it doesn't go into a standby mode. You need to press the power button to turn it on. No different from my TV, to be honest.. but is just a little different to my older monitor.

ATI said:
emailed you a question as well, if thats ok?
Sure thing.. an answer is on it's way to you now.. ;)

Associate
hartgeh3 said:
how much did u pay for it Arnie?
Not much under OcUK's price to be honest. But I did have to pay slightly more for delivery than OcUK charge, so all totalled up it comes out pretty even.

I would've preferred to get from OcUK, but there wasn't an estimated date for stock arrival when I was out to buy one. Anyway, probably not wise of me to go into more detail, due to the forum rules on discussion of competitors... :)

Associate
Need help on buying!

Arnie Pie said:
I just got one of these yesterday (not from OcUK, but it seems like new stock is getting to everyone at pretty much the same time), and it's got a manufacturing date of December 2006, and it has the 1:1 fix..

Absolutely incredible screen too! :D

Hiya, I'm also considering buying this monitor ;) . I've checked a lot of sites but eventhough they have the firmware fix they dont have the black brazel one :mad: . and black brazel is must for me, I dont like the silver colour ones :( .
Is your one silver or black? if its black then can you PM me where you got it from mate please.
anyone have any idea about the one in overclockers here if they are firmware fixed or not and are they black or silver brazel?
thanks

Associate
Well the title name for the product on OcUK is "BenQ FP241W 24" Widescreen HDMI/HDCP LCD HD Monitor - Black" so I would hope the description matches the actual product you receive, even though it seems to be displayed as a silver panel in the photo. I don't particularly want a silver panel either, to be honest.

Associate
TheDean said:
To be fair competitor talk is inevitable when OCUK will not answer WebNotes or threads started in the suggestions forum!

OcUK are not going to say 'Hey guys we have a new batch of FP241W's but they have the old firmware, sorry, but buy them anyway!'....especially when other suppliers seem to have the 1:1 firmware batch in stock :rolleyes:

Their lack of a response to customers questions tells its own story!

Back
Top Bottom