Benq FP241W (Now available from OcUK!!!!!)

Man of Honour
quite possible. Maybe the 24" P-MVA for the BFI, and 24" Samsung PVA for the non-BFI version, but i'm waiting to see if i can get some more info from BenQ as well :)

Man of Honour
can't get much more:

Dear Sir,

It's not specified. The information i have only mentions "VA" panel.

BenQ Support

so i queried the specs they gave me on email vs what's on their site:

Dear Sir,

These specs are "dynamic" because of changes/improvents that happen continiously . Probably my information is already outdated. The specs on the website should be the final release spec.

BenQ

so we still don't know, only that it is definitely not IPS! I'll see if i can find any more :)

Permabanned
"kumar101 - Cir108 you will have to start a new thread under General Discussion."

If things are what we merely see/envisage, we won't need that many senses. Start a new thread on any topic under the sun and the words "separate realities" might enlighten.

When there is no speech, there can be no thoughts nor language. Then we perceive in shades of black and white. BPI perhaps.

Associate
OP
Cir108 said:
"kumar101 - Cir108 you will have to start a new thread under General Discussion."

If things are what we merely see/envisage, we won't need that many senses. Start a new thread on any topic under the sun and the words "separate realities" might enlighten.

When there is no speech, there can be no thoughts nor language. Then we perceive in shades of black and white. BPI perhaps.

OK Done Cir108:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7272741#post7272741

Have started a thread entitled Mahatma Gandhi quotes ("separate realities") in Speakers Corner.

Associate
Cir108 said:

i warn you now, crystal meth is gonna be a class A drug

Associate
Baddass said:
so we still don't know, only that it is definitely not IPS! I'll see if i can find any more :)
Why such secrecy from BenQ about the panel type ?! Also "dynamic change" is fine during the product R&D or even last minute spec change, but it's strange that even at this point they are not confident about such matters Not much help from BenQ support at this moment, I guess ... they are either ignorant or support person simply don't know.

Associate
im not impressed by benq. Announce a product, and then dont tell consumers anything about it. If you didnt want them to know then why did u announce it in the first place. Rapidly putting me off buying this panel.

Man of Honour
it is a little disconcerting, I'm going to see if i can get some more clarification tomorrow, perhaps by quizing their USA support teams instead of the European desks

Associate
OP
Humate said:
i warn you now, crystal meth is gonna be a class A drug
Youre right Humate new thread I started in GD Forum is doing my head in. Surprise, surpise Cir108 has gone to ground.

Think I'll stick to my original mission of finding WIdescreen Pancea and stay clear of Politics, Religion and Philosophy.

Coming back to the Benq I think we should give Baddass some time its hard get info like this out of companies. Until he touches base with some techine from Benq we wont know what Panel its going to be.

Associate
kumar101 said:
Youre right Humate new thread I started in GD Forum is doing my head in. Surprise, surpise Cir108 has gone to ground.

Think I'll stick to my original mission of finding WIdescreen Pancea and stay clear of Politics, Religion and Philosophy.

Coming back to the Benq I think we should give Baddass some time its hard get info like this out of companies. Until he touches base with some techine from Benq we wont know what Panel its going to be.

indeed, im not questioning badass... its benq that im not impressed with.

Associate
is there actually any estimate when this panel might become available? im getting restless. I want a couple of 24" displays, and im not too sure how long i can hold off.

Associate
I'm with you on this one Humate. I've been following this thread and the Dell 2407 thread hoping for some clear answers as to what 24" screen is going to be the best buy.

With the Dell 2407 having well-documented problems i'm getting fed-up waiting for a 24" screen that is going to stand-out in this sector.

As these screens aren't exactly cheap i want to make sure that i make the right choice but all this waiting is frustrating, especially with the money burning a hole in my pocket.

Its a good job we have the likes of Baddass to help with this situation.

Associate
OP
From what ive been reading around the Net theres at least another months wait before the Benq shows up.

The new Dells too dodgy to touch at the moment. Too much money to spend to have any regrets later on. Im going to wait for Benq and but am also very interested in the Samsung 245T.

Unfortunately the 245T might be an even longer wait than the Benq :(

Pic 245T: http://www.computerbase.de/bild/news/13375/8/

Soldato
Kendo Nagasaki said:
I'm with you on this one Humate. I've been following this thread and the Dell 2407 thread hoping for some clear answers as to what 24" screen is going to be the best buy.

With the Dell 2407 having well-documented problems i'm getting fed-up waiting for a 24" screen that is going to stand-out in this sector.

As these screens aren't exactly cheap i want to make sure that i make the right choice but all this waiting is frustrating, especially with the money burning a hole in my pocket.

Its a good job we have the likes of Baddass to help with this situation.
Tried looking at the Samsung 244T?

Associate
Thanks for the heads up BubbySoup but yeah, i've seen the Samsung 244T before.

It looks a really nice screen with good specs but i believe from reading around that there could be a problem with input lag.

I don't know how severe it is or if it actually is a serious problem, with only a few people giving feedback on this screen its hard to form a rounded opinion. Is it not pretty pricey as well though?

Soldato
It's a little the wrong side of £800 so yeah, it is more than the Dell offering. Have you thought of getting a 2405? If you hunt about, you can pick one of these up brand new for under £600 now.

Associate
I had considered the 2405 as its well-known for being a really good screen.

However as i imagine that when i do buy a screen, its going to be with me for a long time. So, with that premise i'd like to get a new screen that is current at the time and not have to back-step.

That is why i'm hanging on to see what this this sector has to offer before delving in too quickly and regretting it. At the minute it looks we are all waiting to see what the Benq has to offer and in comparison to the Dell 2407.

Back
Top Bottom