BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Well once again hats off to BenQ for their customer service. I reported my problem to them last thursday night via their web RMA request, they replied early on friday confirming an RMA number and saying my monitor would be collected on Monday and then sure enough today at 8.30 a brand new monitor was delivered and they took my old one away so I wasn't left without one at all. Can't ask for more than that :)

BenQ For me will be my go too Display manufacture.. I have been very impressed how they handled this Firmware and in your case a faulty unit...

Can not go wrong with a new display sent and old one picked up same day!

I'm tempted to buy this monitor - though are there any guarantees that the monitors currently in stock are on version 2 of the firmware?

I wouldn't want to buy it and then have to send it off for the update etc.

Contact OCUK directly and ask them. They show 1 in stock currently.
Possibly next inbound stock will be with V002. (again ask).

Anyhow, The monitor is great, and worth every penny.
Shame to AMD for screwing the Catalyst 15.7. On some games irrespectively if I use CF or not, the screen vertical resolution goes pear shape making the screen grainy.

I went back to 15.6 and works like a dream. (Using W8.1).
Lets hope this is not an issue on with the W10 driver.

Well once again hats off to BenQ for their customer service. I reported my problem to them last thursday night via their web RMA request, they replied early on friday confirming an RMA number and saying my monitor would be collected on Monday and then sure enough today at 8.30 a brand new monitor was delivered and they took my old one away so I wasn't left without one at all. Can't ask for more than that :)

Nope you can't, cracking service that :)

Wow that's excellent service, Asus take note! After a lot of flip flopping I think I will be getting this monitor and fury x

Yeah I've been really impressed with their customer service so far especially after hearing some of the horror stories from other manufacturers. Will definitely make me consider BenQ for future monitor purchases.
Now I could just do with them bringing out a nice IPS/VA 28" 4K Freesync monitor at a good price to go with this one and I'll be sorted :)

Just come off a live chat with OCUK and this is what I was told

"Hello, i have taken a look into that for you and there can be multiple reasons why it is end of lifer for us. Usually it is because we are unable to find more stock at a good price and/or if it is a popular monitor and we sell the amount we have in a reasonable time."

Can I make a plea to Overclockers purchasing staff to please get some of these monitors in as I really would like one with V2 firmware as I think a few others would too. Some of us have been eagerly awaiting new stock because of the original firmware issue and would have purchased a while ago if they had come into stock.

I cannot believe that OCUK would just let potential sales of £499 per sale go begging like this.

Can the staff please give us a reason for not getting them back into stock. They are excellent monitors and are relatively new to market. It just seems a bit crazy to me. I dont get it at all ?????

Hi,

quick update, its arrived and its a V2 "Sweet",

First thoughts its massive, going from 24 1080p to 27 1440p is a big jump, appears to have zero issues from pixels etc,

Just going to get some settings sorted, test a few games later and will update but so far its looking super.

Crikey what a turn around. I must have missed them coming in yesterday. EL JOCK, they must have delivered it by Jet powered carrier pidgeon. This is killing me as I know they wont deliver to a different address and I am going on holiday on Friday straight after work. Agghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I think ya can, I was a bit of a kid at xmas this morning...Used the details off TFT which look great just bumped the brightness up to 25 from 17

Just getting my head around the size of the screen, just a word of note the outer box said may 2015, however once you go into the service menu you can see its a v2, got the latest AMD drivers 15.7 & it picked up the freesync and crossfire no issues.

Got to go out for a bit so hope to try some games once i get back,

PS

you need to set 144hz in the AMD CCC, it defaulted to 60 for me

Last edited:
I think ya can, I was a bit of a kid at xmas this morning...Used the details off TFT which look great just bumped the brightness up to 25 from 17

Just getting my head around the size of the screen, just a word of note the outer box said may 2015, however once you go into the service menu you can see its a v2, got the latest AMD drivers 15.7 & it picked up the freesync and crossfire no issues.

PS

That's brilliant, thanks. Can you please tell the method to get into the service mode where I can see what firmware version it is....No I'm not too lazy to look back through and find it in the threads, I just wont have the time tomorrow to go looking before going away. ;)

cheers

Last edited:

PS

Yeah the brightness on this screen is an odd one, enabling or disabling Blur reduction seems to affect the brightness for some reason.
I find I keep lowering the brightness, possibly my eyes getting used to it or possibly the ambient light changing as the evening goes on.

Yeah the brightness on this screen is an odd one, enabling or disabling Blur reduction seems to affect the brightness for some reason.
I find I keep lowering the brightness, possibly my eyes getting used to it or possibly the ambient light changing as the evening goes on.

FYI Blur reduction deactivates Freesync.
Lower the brightness to around 50-55%

Well, had a bit of time with it now and all i can say is "wow",

Just did the first level on Crysis 3 running max detail getting around 50-60fps and it was like butter, cannot believe how well it feels to play with Freesync and the detail is so good on this monitor vs my old 1080p, cannot wait for some new games to play, fallout 4 cannot come soon enough.

If your in the market get one, its blown my socks off...

Back
Top Bottom