BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Anyone had this before ?

When i pause a game, and switch the monitor of, when i put it back on, i get a black screen (sometimes just the mouse pointer), and to get the screen back, i do a CTRL+ALT+DEL, then press ESC to get back to my game.

Yeah seems to be every game, just pause the game, then switch the monitor off, turn it back on, get black screen with mouse pointer.

Ok just tested Mortal Kombat.. Pause game and switched off monitor and when I switched back on I didn't get a black screen but the game was minimized and I was on me desktop I just clicked the game again in task bar and it played again.

Am running windows and game on SSD you?

Edit
Just tested GTA5 and this time game was in window mode when monitor come back on.

Last edited:
Yeah same for GTA 5 for me, was in window mode, seems to be only the Fear games that are black screen with mouse pointer (Fear 1/2), as tested a couple of others, and they came back fine.

Must just be certain games that do weirdness, like the Fears, GTA 5. :p

Also running from SSD, Windows and games.

Yeah same for GTA 5 for me, was in window mode, seems to be only the Fear games that are black screen with mouse pointer (Fear 1/2), as tested a couple of others, and they came back fine.

Must just be certain games that do weirdness, like the Fears, GTA 5. :p

Also running from SSD, Windows and games.

I think I have Fear 3 installed I will give that a try if so once finished playing RO2

Ok just tested Mortal Kombat.. Pause game and switched off monitor and when I switched back on I didn't get a black screen but the game was minimized and I was on me desktop I just clicked the game again in task bar and it played again.

Am running windows and game on SSD you?

Edit
Just tested GTA5 and this time game was in window mode when monitor come back on.

All displayport monitors act like this.
When you turn off the monitor, it "unplugs" the device from the computer.
You can hear the "USB disconnect" sound.
I get that on my XL2720Z also.

This happens under DVI and HDMI only if you enable "Hotplug detect" in the monitor service menus.

got mine delivered this morning...loving it so far. I was really worried about splashing so much cash on a monitor but early days and i'm well chuffed.

I got a V2 as well so guess the ones in stock are all V2's

All displayport monitors act like this.
When you turn off the monitor, it "unplugs" the device from the computer.
You can hear the "USB disconnect" sound.
I get that on my XL2720Z also.

This happens under DVI and HDMI only if you enable "Hotplug detect" in the monitor service menus.

Thought it may have been a DP thing, as always had DVI in the past, and thats never done it, i don't get any sounds when i switch the monitor off, only when i switch back on, doo do, do do, must just be reconnecting. :p

Thanks.

DisplayPort

Yeah this, as i think its the only way to get the FreeSync as well.

Cracking monitors :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom