BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Well it looks like mine is indeed broken :(
Got the new cable today and still has the same flickering/blurring. Tried it in 2 different mini-DP ports on my gpu and tried it connected to my wifes pc (270x gpu) and it's exactly the same. It's even doing it after a while when set to 1440p/60Hz now so it's back to fill out another Benq RMA request. Hopefully they'll deal with it as quickly as they did the firmware upgrade.

What's going on with this monitor? Really want to get my hands on one of these alongside a Fury X but there's been no word for ages about this firmware update, and low stock pretty much everywhere?

Well I didn't get my question answered about a new batch with updated firmware, just a reply saying my refund had been processed.
I think I'm going to do a complete 180 and grab a 980ti with the cash and grab either the AOC or Phillips G-sync monitor to go with it. Nothing really inspiring me with AMDs new gpu lineup unfortunately.

ok here we go guys, the fun and games begin

just got my 390's in the system, uninstalled and resinstalled latest 15.7 drivers, cleaned with ddu etc etc, just to be on the safe side and to go in fresh. Upon starting windows I get this message stating that DisplayPort lower settings applied. For some reason, it's not allowing me to select 144hz (only 144hz) Also, no Freesync is showing up in CCC. Previously on my other cards I was using DP to mini DP, just went and bought another DP to DP cable as these 390's don't have mini DP but something isn't right. I've reinstalled 15.7 drivers, tried just one card connected to PC etc, but just can't get it pick up 2560x1440 @144hz.

19585355218_77a264860a_o.png

19586764829_8aa166a759_o.png

19585334690_ef9e00492a_o.png

This is the cable I bought today
19153290133_15357ea106_b.jpg

Any ideas?

Last edited:
ok Update, by turning the screen off then back on again, it then sets it to 144hz but if I was to reboot, once it restarts it reverts back to 1440@60hz. I then have to repeat the process to get it back to 144hz.

And still, I have no Freesync option in my CCC, blur reduction is off, I've even tried turning it on and then off again but nothing flags up regarding Freesync.

hiya mate...yes using the cable now that came with the screen. I've fixed the issue regarding the 60hz, no longer need to turn off the screen and back on again to force 144hz now, so obviously the cable I bought has an issue there. But still cant get Freesync option to appear in CCC. Im only running 1 card, not put them both in yet, tried numerous driver reinstalls but nothing there still. Just going to try 15.6 now and see if that gives me an option to enable it.

GOT IT SHANKS..

one of the 390's I bought doesnt pickup for the Freesync so maybe there is something wrong with the other card.

I take Freesync would need both GPU's working correctly for Freesync to work effectively? Im trying to think if I put the one that doesnt configure Freesync as the card in the second slot, whether that would work or not. Will speak to OCUK tomorrow

Last edited:
they are both now picking up Freesync, very strange but whatever it is, its now absolutely epic with crossfire. It looks so damn smooth its incredible.

Question guys....when im gaming and running afterburner to measure temps/core etc....i can see that my gpu core clocks are all over the place, kinda throttling under what I have set. Both gpus are doing this. Is this to do with freesync or what? I just find it strange seeing them fluctuate so much.

they are both now picking up Freesync, very strange but whatever it is, its now absolutely epic with crossfire. It looks so damn smooth its incredible.

Question guys....when im gaming and running afterburner to measure temps/core etc....i can see that my gpu core clocks are all over the place, kinda throttling under what I have set. Both gpus are doing this. Is this to do with freesync or what? I just find it strange seeing them fluctuate so much.

Its normal so long has you hitting your Frame rate etc so say you getting 60fps and your frame rate target is 60fps GPUs might only need 1000 on core to get that frame rate etc

Glad you sorted it very strange one indeed.. I was also blown away by freesync it really is a game changer.

Well i go away for a bit and come back to find talk of a firmware update and the crossfire driver coming out . :eek:

So last week in got in touch with Benq and sent mine back for an update . ;)

And i have to say what a quality service that was ,even me putting the serial number in wrong didnt cause
any delay (just an extra email from a very nice lady a benq), ever thing went like clock work and i had it back in 7 days door to door . :D

If every company worked like this for its coustomers the world would be a happier place i'm sure, hats off to Benq i would recommend them to every one . :cool:

So just in time for a driver update which means i'm now enjoying this screen even more with my 290x's running at full tilt . :)

Last edited:
(For those that don't read the drivers thread)

Well, I think I've fixed it!

Bit of googling suggests I'm not the only one with this issue. Not sure if it's a BenQ issue or an AMD one though.

Anyway, the solution was...
Enable Blur Reduction (if it isn't already, even though it's not supported with Freesync) and then disable Blur Reduction. Then the tick-box appears right where Shankly told me it would!
It wouldn't stay ticked though after clicking apply, so had to reboot. Now it stays ticked.

I've no idea if it's actually working though as I can't notice any difference. The little jerky bits that were there before still seem to be there. Not that I had many jerky bits before to be honest. Wish there was a symbol you could get to display, like the crossfire one, just so you know it's working!

I'm tempted to buy this monitor - though are there any guarantees that the monitors currently in stock are on version 2 of the firmware?

I wouldn't want to buy it and then have to send it off for the update etc.

Well once again hats off to BenQ for their customer service. I reported my problem to them last thursday night via their web RMA request, they replied early on friday confirming an RMA number and saying my monitor would be collected on Monday and then sure enough today at 8.30 a brand new monitor was delivered and they took my old one away so I wasn't left without one at all. Can't ask for more than that :)

Back
Top Bottom