BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Associate
Hi everybody.

I'm expecting buying a new monitor as an upgrade from an (very) old 226BW.

As I don't want to play the IPS lottery, I was looking for the BenQ XL2730Z with a last generation TN panel but I'm wondering if the 100 more euros to invest to regarding the MG278Q would be worth it.

Looking forward a cool explanation if possible :).

Thanks.

Associate
Hi everybody.

As I don't want to play the IPS lottery, I was looking for the BenQ XL2730Z with a last generation TN panel but I'm wondering if the 100 more euros to invest to regarding the MG278Q would be worth it.

Thanks.

Well all i can tell you is this ,, this monitor for me has been the best i've ever had, and i don't use freesync feature as i'm on Nvidia ,however there is no backlight bleed at all with this panel for me and the colors are great .

before this monitor i had tried other cheaper brand TN panels and the colours were very washed out indeed so i sent them back , and stayed with my 1920x1080 ips , i few months later a won a competition:cool: (this was last year or the year before cant remember ) and i won this monitor as the prize:D:D:D:D:D:D:D , now before i received it i was thinking maybe i would sell it because of my pass experience with TN panels .
well let me tell you this , when i setup this monitor i was blown away on how good the picture was and to this very day i would never part with it for the the tea in china .

Soldato
Hi everybody.

Thanks.

I was in a similar boat back when I got mine and I bought this partly for the reasons you made about the seeming lottery when it comes to getting a decent MG278Q, although as with all things I'm sure the people with issues are more vocal than those without (which I think is entirely understandable).

I've owned this monitor for about 8 months so far and only had to RMA it once due to a problem that occurred over time.

Ignoring that problem I'd say this was a pretty average screen from my limited experience of monitors. I think I paid £500 for it though and I now feel that was WAY too much. I think it's now down to £400 which seems about standard for this sort of screen (although still feels overpriced too me considering I got 3 monitors (nearly) for that money when I was buying 120Hz 3D 1080p screens).

Associate
Thanks both of you for answering.

well let me tell you this , when i setup this monitor i was blown away on how good the picture was and to this very day i would never part with it for the the tea in china .

I have no doubt this monitor rocks but I'm wondering if the 100 euros you have to put in it is worth it in comparison with the MG278Q which seems to have the same panel (so the same color quality and so on...).

The only visible difference is the blur reduction setting that equips the BenQ...that is partially bugging.

I bought this partly for the reasons you made about the seeming lottery when it comes to getting a decent MG278Q

I've never heard the MG278Q was suffering from a lottery game... Is this really the case ? I was talking about it as an IPS panel issue...

Any more opinions ?

Soldato
Thanks both of you for answering.

I have no doubt this monitor rocks but I'm wondering if the 100 euros you have to put in it is worth it in comparison with the MG278Q which seems to have the same panel (so the same color quality and so on...).

The only visible difference is the blur reduction setting that equips the BenQ...that is partially bugging.

I've never heard the MG278Q was suffering from a lottery game... Is this really the case ? I was talking about it as an IPS panel issue...

Any more opinions ?

Yeah, think we're talking about the same thing. Seen people saying they had issues with really bright glow in some corners (or something like that, I forget exactly now).

Also, while I didn't buy it for Freesync, the fact that the Asus only went up to 95Hz Freesync range put me off.

Associate
Dont forget you also have the s-switch which is a great addon and wait for it,,,,,, the best feature ever,,, the headphone stand that pulls out from the side ,,, :) i would be lost without it now :) :) :) , it's fantastic to have somewhere to hang them headphones .

Associate
It looks like the overall feedback are pretty much in favor of the BenQ even if they almost all came from BenQ's user, so...

If I can find good offer within the next two months I think I'll go with it !

Associate
I got this screen back in March 2015 and couldn't fault it until it developed a fault a few months ago with what can only be described as a bright spot.

RMA was created on the 5th Feb and took them a week to issue a replacement which would have been a refurb unit so I declined and requested a repair of my screen and requested the Firmware upgrade as well.
After another week of back and forth they issue me yet another RMA number and have now had my screen for a week for repair.

After the way the RMA has been so far I am just waiting for them to come back and insist that fault is mine and demand payment.

Associate
I got this screen back in March 2015 and couldn't fault it until it developed a fault a few months ago with what can only be described as a bright spot.

RMA was created on the 5th Feb and took them a week to issue a replacement which would have been a refurb unit so I declined and requested a repair of my screen and requested the Firmware upgrade as well.
After another week of back and forth they issue me yet another RMA number and have now had my screen for a week for repair.

After the way the RMA has been so far I am just waiting for them to come back and insist that fault is mine and demand payment.

Sorry to hear that your RMA is having difficulties, im sure you shouldn't have to pay out any kind of cash for repair as the fault you describe isn't something you could do yourself and is a fault that has developed overtime,plus you're still in the warranty period ( 2yrs):) .

Keep us up to date how the process goes . :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Everyone got a problem with my monitor it get a black screen sometimes. when am playing games it happens mostly on GTA 5 when the game loads i get a screen goes black and my monitor loses a signal. tried other games and it doesn't not happen on witcher 3 fallout 4. all drivers are up to date. thank you for your help

17 2700k sandy bridge
fury x
16GB 1600 mhz ram
Silverstone psu 1100watts

Back
Top Bottom