Best mATX conroe capable board for sensible money

Soldato
Ive caved and bagged an P5L-MX and E4300. I notice that the gigabyte board above has vmods, so don't get your hopes up that you will meet those clocks.

P5L-MX with google checkout discount F T W :cool:

Ive done w/cing full towers etc, and now I want something smaller than my PC6 series LL, so im setting up.

E4300 (Scythe Ninja with YateLoon D12SL12)
Asus P5L-MX
2x1gb G.Skill PC6400C4
7800GT (Arcitc silencer)
Silverstone TJ08 fans replaced with YateLoon D12SL12 @ 5v
OCZ 520w Modstream
160gb + 250gb Samsung SATA2

Hopefully as quiet as I hope it will be :D Even at 2.4ghz (for example) a C2D will be plenty fast enough in all honesty, i think people sometimes get a bit carried away with overclocking, and lose sight of all the compromises you have to make to get the speed. Full ATX case, noisy etc etc.

Associate
Kezmo said:
So far its stable at 430fsb which is more than enough :)

Nice rig you have! What sort of display is this replacing the USB ports thingie in your sugo?

How much did you manage to overclock your 6600 on this board?

Associate
Overlord said:
Nice rig you have! What sort of display is this replacing the USB ports thingie in your sugo?

How much did you manage to overclock your 6600 on this board?

Thx, the display is a matrix orbital VFD , the mobo above i dont have yet , should be available in the uk within the next 2 weeks :)

Soldato
GA-G33M-DS2R

Right,

Got me one of these, popped it in my Sugo and what a job to get it in, any all working and posted straight to 310fsb.
The reason i did this becasue this was the max of my Asrock 945DVI. i will leave this on over night and see if its stable. no doubt it will be :cool:

Then be a bit more adventurous tomorrow. Anyway, i do recommend this board for quality compared to the Asrock offering!!

Associate
I cant find anywhere in the uk that has it yet, should be about £75 when its released.

janesssssy get clocking and post some pics! :D btw what cpu have u got and where'd u manage to get the board from ?

Soldato
Kezmo said:
I cant find anywhere in the uk that has it yet, should be about £75 when its released.

janesssssy get clocking and post some pics! :D btw what cpu have u got and where'd u manage to get the board from ?

UK distrubutor :) I work in the hardware etc.

Problem is ive hit a wall, my ddr 800 memory will not overclock over the 800mhz spec. (its generic elixer cheapo stuff)

I will have to try some other things. Give me some time, will try tonight and post some pics in its thread in "motherboards"

Last edited:
Soldato
sorry for not reading through the entire thread but whats a decent mATX board old school skt775 cpu's and conroe but doesn't need overclocking and SLI etc.

Just needs onboard video and LAN, just need an mATX board for my HTPC that is fanless

Soldato
can get it brand new through google checkout for £40, will have to see how much that one is with postage thanks!

£7 difference for b-grade or new, might aswell go with the new just as I always have problems with ever windows build I've ever made, windows hates me!

Back
Top Bottom