Best, Most potential and worst signings of 2010-2011 season.

Soldato
Hernandez has been far and away the top man i think. However if the title ends up at Old Trafford there is a huge amount of credit to go to Chris Smalling.

When Evans was really struggling and Rio was out we looked like we were going to conceed goals everytime a team attacked us. Smalling slipped into the defence and suddenly it was like Rio was back. He was mopping up and passing the ball in a fashion similar to Rio in his prime. Hernandez (rightly) get the credit for his goals but Smalling has been immense at times.

Man of Honour
i got some respect for cheets. He supports a modest LOCAL team and actually attends matches.

After all its easy to support the best club miles away from the comfort of your armchair

He still supports an excellent team though, its a premier league club.

Soldato
He still supports an excellent team though, its a premier league club.

i think in his case he didnt really pick a team its his local one. Unless of course he was a bandwagon jumper for when Wigan got in the prem :D i hate them even more.

I supported stoke when they were in League 1. Stadium with only 13k people in it. All of a sudden we can take 35k people to wembley. Bloody riles me up. Where were they when we needed them? supporting another team in the premier league of course.
:D

Soldato
shamikebab spends more time posting in the threads when a game is on then actually watching it, so it is understandable he misses some bits G|MP.

Best probably;
Suarez, looks lethal going forwards great movement and ability
Chicarito, again brilliant movement and ability and cost what £6m? Absolute steal.
Sturridge, on a loan but has chipped in with some important goals for them and a good return games:goals (anyone watching Arsenal game now can see how well he is playing)

*edit*

And he has just scored.

Soldato
shamikebab spends more time posting in the threads when a game is on then actually watching it, so it is understandable he misses some bits G|MP.

Best probably;
Suarez, looks lethal going forwards great movement and ability
Chicarito, again brilliant movement and ability and cost what £6m? Absolute steal.
Sturridge, on a loan but has chipped in with some important goals for them and a good return games:goals (anyone watching Arsenal game now can see how well he is playing)

*edit*

And he has just scored.

Suarez looks like he will be a great buy but he hasnt done enough yet .

Sturridge is a great shout though IMO. As good as he has been im still not sure he would get a start for Chelsea next year. Its not their way.

Soldato
Suarez hasn't been overhyped.
Judge him on his goals if u want, go look at his assists and his actual general play.

He's a striker, they are judged on goals. Dont get on the defensive, no one is saying he wont come good, rather it's just far too early to say he's been this be all and end all purchase when so far he only has 2 goals to his name, 1 of which could be argued as an OG/should have been stopped

Caporegime
He's a striker, they are judged on goals. Dont get on the defensive, no one is saying he wont come good, rather it's just far too early to say he's been this be all and end all purchase when so far he only has 2 goals to his name, 1 of which could be argued as an OG/should have been stopped

Kuyt might have got the hat trick, but he pretty much tore your entire team a new one at anfield, he isn't just judged on goals lad.
He doesn't need to come good, he is good, very good.

Caporegime
Ah yes, the left foot smash top corner against Argentina. Very nice:)

The thing i loved about the valencia goal was the shock factor, the game was destined to be a no score draw, then whammo awesome first touch and thump - bottom corner 1-0. KTHXBYE.

Don
Kuyt might have got the hat trick, but he pretty much tore your entire team a new one at anfield, he isn't just judged on goals lad.
He doesn't need to come good, he is good, very good.

I suspect Tom hasn't actually watched us play much and is just basing his opinion on the fact he's only scored 2 goals. Anybody that's watched us play regularly over the last few months will be able to see that Suarez has been excellent.

Soldato
Kuyt might have got the hat trick, but he pretty much tore your entire team a new one at anfield.

Course he did :o

I suspect Tom hasn't actually watched us play much and is just basing his opinion on the fact he's only scored 2 goals. Anybody that's watched us play regularly over the last few months will be able to see that Suarez has been excellent.

Not at all, I really dont see what the issue is saying he should be viewed as a signing with potential rather than one that's already this and that?

Caporegime
Actually His 12 league goals have come like this;

3 against Wigan
3 against Stoke
2 against West Brom
1 against Liverpool
1 against Everton
1 against Blackpool
1 against West Ham

His other 7 goals have come against

2 against Chelsea
2 against Marseille
1 against Valencia
1 against Wolves
1 against Southampton

But by all means leave out his goals in the Champions League to flip your 'argument'

I missed one out against stoke, big whoop.

As for the others, I don't know where theres an "easy" list of champs league goals, the first list is easy from the main premierleague/fantasy football site, they don't have champs league goals so I didn't have them.

As for the ones you added, Valencia have been pretty poor this year, best of the rest in La Liga, that doesn't say much, they got trounced yesterday, again. Unless its Lyon, no french teams do well in the champs league, and wolves and Southampton "flip" the argument do they?

So what you're saying is 2 of 12 league goals came against proper top half teams, and 2 of the other 7 came against a "top" team, 3 against top half teams but not great teams, 2 against rubbish teams.

Not seeing much of a change myself.

Soldato
I missed one out against stoke, big whoop.

As for the others, I don't know where theres an "easy" list of champs league goals, the first list is easy from the main premierleague/fantasy football site, they don't have champs league goals so I didn't have them.

As for the ones you added, Valencia have been pretty poor this year, best of the rest in La Liga, that doesn't say much, they got trounced yesterday, again. Unless its Lyon, no french teams do well in the champs league, and wolves and Southampton "flip" the argument do they?

So what you're saying is 2 of 12 league goals came against proper top half teams, and 2 of the other 7 came against a "top" team, 3 against top half teams but not great teams, 2 against rubbish teams.

Not seeing much of a change myself.

I dont see what you are trying to say? You are deriding the goals he has scored based on the level of opposition but then every other striker in the EPL plays against the same teams.

Its VERY hard for a young striker to come from the other side of the world and slot into a top League and CL team and the fact he has done this while the likes of Diouf, Macheda and Welbeck are sent on loan speaks volumes. Its not due to luck or the power of positive thinking either. SAF is constantly talking about his ability and the fact that he is one of the hardest trainers at the club.

Look at Vela at your own club. In theory a very very talented boy but in practice he cant get a place in either your team or his loan team.

Back
Top Bottom