Best network at the moment to use.

Soldato
Switched to VOXI today smoothly, number ported over and finally got a signal at work.

At home signal is the same ish. £10 for 45G.
How long did it take for your sim to arrive? I've been waiting about 5 days. Will soon need to make decision to extend my current provider for another 30 days or not.

Soldato
I've just switched to 1p mobile and I'm very impressed. Wifi calling works straight away, previously with Smarty I couldn't get it to work at all and with Lebara it would only be active on low signal areas instead of all the time.

Obviously EE's network is rapid and great coverage (in my experience) so to get 25GB of data for £10 on a rolling contract with EU roaming included is superb.

Caporegime
I’m currently in Hereford town center…I’m going to leave VOXI next month because the signal is practically non existent. Shame because I finally got a signal at work with this network….

I tried to download a podcast, didn’t work, in fact I struggled to even get on OCUK.

On 3 I could listen to YouTube videos when walking around but if I can’t even download a podcast or get online (ocuk), then it’s a no go. Getting 2.46/0.13 down/up speed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just switched to 1p mobile and I'm very impressed. Wifi calling works straight away, previously with Smarty I couldn't get it to work at all and with Lebara it would only be active on low signal areas instead of all the time.

Obviously EE's network is rapid and great coverage (in my experience) so to get 25GB of data for £10 on a rolling contract with EU roaming included is superb.
FYI 1p now have visual voicemail (if you use an iPhone)

Last edited:
Soldato
Finding Vodafone rubbish in my area now and loads of people at work too.

I can't even drive around where I live without it dropping to 'E' network and being so slow it can't stream music.

Don't know what's happened, used to be so good!

Associate
Finding Vodafone rubbish in my area now and loads of people at work too.

I can't even drive around where I live without it dropping to 'E' network and being so slow it can't stream music.

Don't know what's happened, used to be so good!
Im on Vodafone as well. I don't know how long you have been finding this but I found something similar where I go to work sometimes. Used to be fine on 4g, then went crap despite showing 4g. A few months later I went back and had been upgraded to very fast 5g. I noticed similar at one stage when things went from 3g to 4g. Not necessarily in the same area but in general. Maybe an upgrade is occurring in your area.

Associate
I've been trialling an ID esim for near enough a month now alongside Vodafone. Got to say I'm quite impressed. 3 have obviously come a long way where I am in the last 8 years since I last used them. I found general signal strength was a bit more variable than Vodafone but I did find that data strength in general better. Seemed to hold onto 4g just as well and has much higher coverage of 5g across both east and west Sussex. I haven't gone very rural recently so I'm not sure how it would compare there for me. Where I work it varies between 4g and 5g quite a lot with good speed where Vodafone and O2 barely load a web page despite showing good 4g. This has been the case over nearly 2 years back on Vodafone. EE was recommended when I first started working there so I did switch to a BT SIM for a few years but now we tend to have WiFi we can use its not such a big deal but recently that seems to have been a pain to connect to. So having good 4g/5g maybe good to have again.
The trial has certainly given me something to think about once my Vodafone contract has finished in October.
1p will probably get the nod as I believe EE are better overall and is nice to know you pretty safe on signal when going to different places than usual and probably worth paying that little bit extra for that security/peace of mind but a 3 based mvno is not completely out of the question.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im on Vodafone as well. I don't know how long you have been finding this but I found something similar where I go to work sometimes. Used to be fine on 4g, then went crap despite showing 4g. A few months later I went back and had been upgraded to very fast 5g. I noticed similar at one stage when things went from 3g to 4g. Not necessarily in the same area but in general. Maybe an upgrade is occurring in your area.
Don't know, used to be awesome, indoors everywhere.
Since 3g has gone off, it's rubbish.
It's ok early hours of the day, so I recon by later on it's just getting overloaded. It'll say 4g, but do nothing, then it will, then it won't. Like it's buffering.

I have a 1p mobile some now, so will test this out.

If Vodafone chucked up some 5g, I guess that would distribute connections and help, but no idea when that will happen.

Associate
Switched over to 1p mobile today, now have volte (didn't have before with O2 or virgin before O2) and calls are clearer.

Reception is better than with O2 aswell, so far all a brucy bonus. Will see how get on, but glad to be back on EE network.

Back
Top Bottom