Best network at the moment to use.

Soldato
Just binned off Three after 9 years or so as everything takes an age to load when out and about. I was paying £8.74 for 12GB but I've switched to O2 on the 40GB for £8 deal. Here's to hoping for some faster speeds!

Caporegime
My 3 contract is now up…looking to pay around £10 a month. People at work recommends Voxi which comes with free social media (don’t care) but their £15 a month 35gig package comes with YouTube and Netflix…tempting. Their £12 one only has 25G data.

However, Smarty does 50G for £8 which is enough to cover video streaming.

Anyone got experience with either in terms of their customer service? I plan to test them as it’s a monthly rolling contract.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve heard good things about them from a few people, are they that bad?

I've been with Smarty for just over a year now, and in that time I've had about 30 hours of complete outage due to the Three network. That said, I get unlimited data for £16/m and can get a full 1Gbps when I'm in an area covered by 5G, unbeatable really! Will be getting an EE SIM for backup though.

Soldato
I've been with Smarty for just over a year now, and in that time I've had about 30 hours of complete outage due to the Three network. That said, I get unlimited data for £16/m and can get a full 1Gbps when I'm in an area covered by 5G, unbeatable really! Will be getting an EE SIM for backup though.
That's fast. I'm on EE and only recently got a new phone with 5G and max speed from speed test has been around 400

Soldato
I caved and switched from 3 to EE. Where I live I got :

Before :

TbV1Ru1m.png

After :

YNDAsA0m.png

Soldato
Fed up of 3 as well, been a customer for probably over 15 years. Trying out Voxi, which is based on Vodafone but a lot cheaper for SIM only. So far so good, more limited for signal by my handset now as I noticed my partner with a newer phone gets better reception also on Vodafone. I’m on an iPhone XR. Vodafone network coverage is definitely better, not convinced by speed yet but could again be handset. Located in Essex.

Last edited:
Soldato
Received my esim today from EE. And one thing I'm pleased with is that wifi calling is now constant. With three, it was on/off depending on signal strength meaning I had to force it with airplane mode.

Soldato
I was with 3 for agesss, then moved to Smarty, then moved to 1p last year and the difference in signal strength, coverage and reliability is massive. I don't know why I put up with 3 for so long.
And 1p is so much cheaper than what EE offers for the same data amount.

Soldato
I was with 3 for agesss, then moved to Smarty, then moved to 1p last year and the difference in signal strength, coverage and reliability is massive. I don't know why I put up with 3 for so long.
And 1p is so much cheaper than what EE offers for the same data amount.
That's good to hear because I'm considering doing the same thing once my 3 contract ends in a few months. The amount of times that I have no signal even in the middle of a city is shocking. Seems like EE is definitely the overall best choice through someone like 1p atmn.

Soldato
That's good to hear because I'm considering doing the same thing once my 3 contract ends in a few months. The amount of times that I have no signal even in the middle of a city is shocking. Seems like EE is definitely the overall best choice through someone like 1p atmn.

Yeah that's what it was like for me in the SW. And sometimes even if it was showing that I had signal, it may as well have said I had none.

Associate
I've just ordered an esim running on 3 to run alongside my Vodafone SIM just for the month. I haven't used 3 in about 8 years so it will be interesting for me to see how it stacks up against what I have now. I'm looking to go SIM only in about 3 months so I thought I'd test the waters to make sure I get the best network for me, which I'd say is probably EE based.

Back
Top Bottom