Best network at the moment to use.

Soldato
Question, I just "activated" my new Voxi sim to port my number with PAC code to start on Friday, so currently using my old 3 sim until I get cut off. Do I normally have to cancel my direct debit with 3 on my end or do they stop automatically?

In case it helps, I did the same, though switched to EE

I was still charged this month with 3 at full cost even though I switched nearly a month ago. I wasn’t sure how it all worked but was told that you may end up paying your normal monthly cost even after you switch, then within 28 days a final bill is generated, if you owe anything extra you pay it, or if you have credit it will be refunded.

Last edited:
Caporegime
In case it helps, I did the same, though switched to EE

I was still charged this month with 3 at full cost even though I switched nearly a month ago. I wasn’t sure how it all worked but was told that you may end up paying your normal monthly cost even after you switch, then within 28 days a final bill is generated, if you owe anything extra you pay it, or if you have credit it will be refunded.

Then how do you know the next month won't be charged again?

Soldato
Then how do you know the next month won't be charged again?

I’m taking them at their word, they say once the final bill is generated, the payments will cease as they will know who owes who what.

Not sure why their systems don’t immediately stop the monthly payments once a line becomes inactive and then generate a final bill, but presumably it’s easier for them to issue refunds at their leisure from overpayments, than chase people for owed money?

But honestly, I also cancelled my DD today as well just in case. I don’t owe 3 any more and will look to claim my refund from them once the final bill gets to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone tried BNESIM?

I'm currently with Smarty and no real complaints, except for the dodgy coverage via 3 network, especially when walking in more remote areas. So I'm thinking to move to Voxi or 1p mobile, to get advantage of Vodafone/EE networks.

But stumbled across BNESIM, who can give access to O2, 3 and EE networks via an eSIM. So I'm thinking this could push me towards Voxi (Vodafone) as primary SIM, then have a secondary eSIM with BNESIM covering the other 3 networks, as a backup.

Thoughts?

(Phone is Galaxy A55).

Soldato
I use 1p mobile, good access to EE network capacity for much lower cost than EE themselves. I've not heard of BNESIM before will have a look - been thinking of picking up an esim for my watch - i like the idea of still being contactable but not having to carry my phone around everywhere.

Soldato
Switched to VOXI today smoothly, number ported over and finally got a signal at work.

At home signal is the same ish. £10 for 45G.
Been looking at VOXI recently as well. Asked in the local Vodafone store about the available deals and the guy just made some excuse that he couldn't deal with them.

But that £10 deal would be more than enough for me and be almost half my current price. Need to wait out for contract end :mad:

Soldato
Been looking at VOXI recently as well. Asked in the local Vodafone store about the available deals and the guy just made some excuse that he couldn't deal with them.

But that £10 deal would be more than enough for me and be almost half my current price. Need to wait out for contract end :mad:
voxi has no included EU roaming if that matters to you.

Soldato
voxi has no included EU roaming if that matters to you.
Thanks I hadn't thought about that.

I've a family member who will only send pictures via SMS. I noticed VOXI lists unlimited picture messages in the same line as txt messages. So would help me save a few quid more.

I can probably get a temp monthly sim for any future trips and then cancel when back, not too fussed about that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom