Best player you seen play in the Premier League?

Associate
Not really, when I was trying to think of a name I tried to come up with players that weren't forwards:

Ashley Cole - best left back I've seen

The trouble with forwards is they have too much competition which makes picking just one awkward:

Ronaldo - devastating towards the end of his career at MU, maybe didn't play enough seasons for my liking though

Couple of things about this.....
Ronaldo played in midfield at united. (he plays on the left, he plays on the right, that boy Ronaldo makes England look s...e ;) )

Ronaldo played in the premier league for 6 years and won EVERYTHING possible in that time.

Ashley Cole I just don't understand, its your opinion and that's totally fine but in my opinion he is not the best left back in the prem. Cole isnt the best player for Chelsea let alone the premier league.

Soldato
some of the greats,

henry, bergkamp, alan s, cantona, ronaldo

These 5 probably make the top list for me with Henry and Ronaldo in the top 2.

edit: I'd add Scholes in the mix also, he never really stood out like some of the others mentioned.

Some weird responses in here.

Robben? Right...........

For me, I'd have to say Cantona, I just loved him, his persona, his technique everything.

Cantona was certainly the most entertaining for me as a young kid growing up.

Last edited:
Soldato
chris waddle is a masterclass in footballing, was he playing when it became the prem though?

Yep - 1992 to 1996 at Sheffield Wednesday. I'd say the Premier League's most entertaining player, if not the best.

Love what he did to Ryan Giggs just after 45s

Just so everyone's clear - Graham Taylor was nuts, yeah?

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit late to the party....

For pure skill and talent, Bergkamp or Henry. Both just effortlessly brilliant.....could watch them all day long. Ronaldo is incredibly skillful, but in a more obvious and less classy way :)

Best overall......Giggs. So good for so long. He would be the first name on my "all-time Prem Team" list.

Soldato
All wrong.

Best player to have ever graced the top division was of course Eddie Mcgoldrick!

Brilliant player!

mcgoldrickcurtains.jpg

Soldato
This, Ronaldo has a couple of good season then pimped himself out to Real and has won nothing

I think that's more down to Barcelona literally being the best side in footballing history at the moment. Ronaldo has scored an unreal 50+ goals last season.

For me, I would say Ryan Giggs, straight off the top of my head.

Soldato
Matt Le Tissier is a frustrating case, in terms of raw ability I can't think of many who could touch him, if he had got a big move to say Blackburn I really wonder whether he might be talked about in the same breath as some of these other players.

A truly sublime player criminally overlooked by many because of where he spent his career I think. That was his own decision though, he had interest from bigger clubs (including Chelsea I believe) but declined moves elsewhere, preferring to stay with Southampton.

Last edited:
Soldato
A truly sublime player criminally overlooked by many because of where he spent his career I think. That was his own decision though, he had interest from bigger clubs (including Chelsea I believe) but declined moves elsewhere, preferring to stay with Southampton.

He always said he was happy at Southampton and fair play to him for it i guess. Some of the stuff he did was made all the more amazing given the shirt he was wearing when he did it.

His book (Taking Le Tiss) is a good read too!

Man of Honour
For the benefit of any youngsters who may not have witnessed his supremacy, here is literally the best video I've ever seen in my life (recommend everyone watches it, it is a revised and better quality version than I may have linked in the past):

http://youtu.be/XAjgL0YIXUg

You can stick your Ronaldos up your **** :)

Associate
Another vote for Henry here. Plenty of other great players mentioned here but if I had to choose just one then its him.

Back
Top Bottom