Best Rollercoaster you've been on.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Top 5.

1: Nemesis - Alton Towers
2: Infusion - Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB)- entirely over water
3: Wild Mouse - BPB - pure violence
4: Big One - BPB - first drop is great - rest is a bit meh.
5: Revolution - BPB - freaky going backwards :)

Loads of good coasters at BPB - Avalanche is one of a kind, grand Nation (two coasters racing each other), Big Dipper (our of your seat traditional :) etc

Caporegime
Expedition Everest is pretty much the only reason I'd goto animal kingdom apart from the early morning safari.

Safari was quite good at Animal Kingdom however the one at Busch Gardens is better, Dolly the Giraffe was awesome to feed and stroke, only downside is you had to pay for this.

The Grizley river run in Disney's California Adventure park is better, especialy great if a very large American person joins your raft ....

Never been, will add it to my list, enjoyed ripsaw falls too, cheesy theme but some good drops.

Soldato
Blackhole at Alton towers, wooo darkness for the win:)

Closed 6 years ago :/
My facepalm was epic.
While I'm guessing this is because you are suggesting it's all attached therefore has the same velocity, at the same point on the track the front coach is traveling slower than the back due to the acceleration that takes place between the time the first coach passes point X and the last coach surely?

Associate
How was the heat/humidity?

It was not as unbearable as I expected (although the americans were moaning about it constantly). Average daytime temps were around 95F (35C) with the 'heat index' (factoring in humidity) up to around 107F (41C). A lot of the queues are inside and/or either airconned or with lots of large fans blowing. All of the eating places and shops are highly airconned too, so you can dip into one of them for a few mins between rides to cool off, even if you're not buying anything.

Expect the possibility of heavy rain/storms mid-afternoon (usually between 4 and 6pm). If there is any lightning within 10 miles of the park then they close all rides until it stops, so it can make sense to go into one of the park shows or other non-ride or indoor attractions if the weather does look bad. We only had storms on around 4 or 5 days out of the 17 days we were there, and generally only for between 30-45 mins, but it would be a real annoyance if you'd queued for 30+ mins and then the ride gets closed.

We put bottles of water into the freezer each night and took those into the parks with us, refilling from the water fountains in the parks as required. You need to keep fluid intake up in those temps.

Soldato
The best one for me is the old wooden and rickety one in Busch Gardens. Sorry don't know the name.. But you just don't feel as safe on the old wooden rickety ones and therefore more adrenaline is present.

I also remember that one in Blackpool being fun.. At least that 1st initial drop. The rest was pretty crap. But that 1st drop... wow !

Hulk / Shreika etc, yeah their fun, but I dunno like like the old clicking sound and you go all over the shop.

Soldato
Got to be Hulk at Universal IOA. Kracken is a anagram for what the ride really is, Kack.

The Manta at sea world is epic, also the dueling dragons at Universal are pretty damn cool too.

Associate
Another vote for Dragon Kahn at Salou. Last time we went Furius Baco was still being built so I haven't tried that. The only other ones I've been on are the usual Alton Towers lot (had annual passes a couple of years ago) and the 4 Disney parks in Orlando, at which I'd probably say Aerosmith. Oh and the Big One at Blackpool, best done in the dark with the illuminations on.

Back
Top Bottom