Best Rollercoaster you've been on.

Easily Stealth at Thorpe Park for the best I've been on :D

I've been to TP quite a few times, but not been to many others. Would be nice to to Alton Towers and check out their version of Nemesis and Air.

Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain, CA.

Absolutely.......bloody.........amazing.

That whole park is the best rollercoaster i have been on! I couldn't possibly choose.

I did like Riddlers Revenge there though. Shame Goliath wasn't opened when i went in January 2000.

Would be nice to to Alton Towers and check out their version of Nemesis and Air.

Nemesis is (for me) the best rollercoaster in the UK, considering it's now 17 years old, it's doing pretty well. There have been a few times, nearer closing time for the park that we just kept coming off nemesis and going straight back on, think we managed 6 times :p

Stealth and Colossus at Thorpe Park, went there last Thursday and it was better than I expected. Although Space Mountain was fun in Florida!

Nemesis is (for me) the best rollercoaster in the UK, considering it's now 17 years old, it's doing pretty well. There have been a few times, nearer closing time for the park that we just kept coming off nemesis and going straight back on, think we managed 6 times :p

Nice. Have to see if i can get up there sometime :D

Dragon Kahn in Port Aventura was the best! :)

Probably my favourite ride and I ride a lot (due to work). Other than that Duelling Dragons in Islands of Adventure (which is same manufacturer as DK), the Hulk also in IOA. Rode Blue Fire at Europa park last week which was excellent.

I like smooth looping coasters as well as wooden coasters. The woodie at Dollywood is very good, banked corners are ace on that.

Thread revival time :)

Just back from a couple of weeks in Tampa and Orlando with the family. Loved the variety of coasters, particularly at Busch Gardens, Universal Island of Adventure and Seaworld.

The following were all great:

- The Incredible Hulk (Island of Adventure)
Nice initial acceleration and plenty of inversions, twists and G's.

- Manta (Seaworld)
Unique riding position ('flying' underneath), and the initial inverted loop where you are basically lying on your back was my favourite single feature of all of the rides.

- Montu (Busch Gardens)
Fantastic inverted (hanging) coaster. Loads of inversions and a nice long and twisty ride. Managed to do this one in the dark too, which was a whole different experience.

- Sheikra (Busch Gardens)
Loved the initial few seconds hanging over the precipice (definately worth getting in the front row for this one) and the initial drop is great!

- Dragon Challenge (Busch Gardens)
Another one to get into the front row for - especially when you go rushing headlong towards the other car before plunging upwards away from them.

- Kraken (Seaworld)
A great floorless coaster. Fast and twisty, with plenty of inversions.

- Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens)
I wasn't expecting much from this, as there are no inversions, but it was actually really good, especially the parts twisting through the canyons between the animal parks.

- Kumba (Busch Gardens)
Long, Twisty and Loud!

- Gwazi (Busch Gardens)
Old school wooden coaster (so no inversions), but large and fast.

- Harry Potter - The Forbidden Journey (Island of Adventure)
Not a coaster per-se, as it is a mixture of ride and simulation. However, the technology to implement this blew me away, especially the seamless transitions between 'live' and 'simulated' parts of the ride.

If I had to choose a favourite (which is really difficult), I would have to say Manta, just for that initial loop, which is unlike any other feeling induced by the other coasters.

I was amazed how quiet the parks were. Our longest queueing time was just over an hour for the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey, but I reckon our average queue time was less than 15 mins overall. Many times we just walked straight onto the rides (even Sheikra, Montu and Hulk), especially early and late in the day.

My only disappointment was that after 2 weeks of riding the coasters it was difficult to get the same 'buzz'. We went back into Island of Adventure again at the end of the holiday and even Hulk and Dragon Challenge just felt 'relaxing':( Guess I need to find some bigger/faster ones :D

All newer rollercoasters annoy me they just feel too smooth and safe theres no real aspect of danger Bring back the days of wooden rollercoasters where you could hear the creaking and warping of the wood as you sped past at stupid speeds and almost broke your neck as you sped round a corner!

Also anyone who's put oblivion down as one of their favorites is a fool plain and simple a 500m track that drops into a hole in the ground then circles back round to do it again is not in the slightest bit scary or fun they should've got rid of it rather than the corckscrew which was one of my favorites despite being made out of metal.

Last edited:
My only disappointment was that after 2 weeks of riding the coasters it was difficult to get the same 'buzz'. We went back into Island of Adventure again at the end of the holiday and even Hulk and Dragon Challenge just felt 'relaxing':( Guess I need to find some bigger/faster ones :D

Do Kingda Ka in Six Flags Great Adventure NJ, it's another level compared to those. :cool:

Along with all the usual's from Florida which people have already listed i really liked Expedition Everest, changing tracks whilst going backwards in the dark really means you have no idea what's going on.

I know it’s not a coaster but the Kali River Rapids are the best rapids I’ve ever been on, really big water drops, simply fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom