Best Rollercoaster you've been on.

Sheikra at Busch Gradens

Sheikra is good, literally thought i was gonna wet myself on that ride. :eek:

but one of my best rides has to be the Scorpion after a storm.

it was raining pretty hard for ages and stopped so they tested the ride seemed fine and let us on.
The ride went twice as fast (kid you not) and then stopped 4 metres after it was supposed too,causing for the emergency guys to come and get us out lol - the ride operator even said that it looked ridiculously fast and thought we wouldn't be able to stop hahah. - what a ride. (normally its pretty average but catch it on a bad day and your be lucky to come out alive):p

Montu/Sheikra feel like they took their respective predecessors designs and perfected them (Both B&M who made nemesis etc...) Kumba felt rough as hell considering it's design but Gwazi more than made up for it.

I wish they took the rides of Busch and put them in the setting / environment of Universal/Disney. It always feels that while the animal part is good it's just not got quite the same atmosphere as the other 2 setups. Expedition Everest is pretty much the only reason I'd goto animal kingdom apart from the early morning safari.

I'd have to say X2 in Six Flags California, i went on it at night time and the way the carriages rotate you it makes you feel weightless when going around loops etc. Amazing, added to the fact it was pitch black and i couldn't see the track in front of me!

Nemesis has to be given massive points for what they have done with the amount of space.

Have to admit I've not really been to a Theme Park in years.
Once you've been to the likes of the US, most of the rides here in the UK seem pretty tame. But then I've heard that Thorpe Park has come on in leaps and bounds in the past few years.

My favourite would probably be Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA.
I went when it opened in 2000 and at the time it had the world's greatest drop at 78m and a speed of 85mph. That's obviously been far surpassed now though.

I did go back in the Summer of 2001, but X2 still wasn't ready at the time, so never got to try that.

Furious Baco at Portaventura closely followed by The Incredible Hulk in Florida.

Furious Baco may not be as fast accelerating as Stealth but it feels a hell of a lot faster somehow. Also liked Air at Alton towers, more for how you are positioned throughout than anything.

Dragon Kahn in Port Aventura was the best! :)

I went there a few weeks ago and I had done a few years ago. I also remembered it as one of the best I had ever been on but last week it disappointed. Wasn't too fast or as smooth as The Incredible Hulk

Last edited:
X2 and Goliath. The first time on X2 where you flip over at the top of the chain hill in scary as **** when you don't know it's coming. I nearly lost my shoe on it though :p. Am I the only person who doesn't really like Nemisis :confused:. Every time I've been on it I come off it feeling ill :(.

Back
Top Bottom