'Best' sounding bike in your opinion?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
How do you know if a bike is a il4 or v-twin? Is that info on things like auto trader ads or do you need to check the v5 for it?

Look at the engine block, the name gives it away pretty much. But to be 100% sure go on MCN and search for a review as it tells you what engine configuration has been used on that bike.

Soldato
How do you know if a bike is a il4 or v-twin? Is that info on things like auto trader ads or do you need to check the v5 for it?

You just get to know the bikes - but a basic rule of thumb is jap bike = IL4 italian = v-twin.

Ducati don't make anothing but v-twins, same (mostly) for Aprilia. Suzuki are mostly IL4, apart from the v-strom and sv650 and maybe one or more. Then there's loads of parralel twins, and the the yamaha and truimph triples.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
TallPaul S is right, but its even easier than that! Especially on naked bikes were you can see the whole engine pretty much.

V-Twin = 2 Cylinders in a V shape.
IL4 = In line 4 cylinders
Parallel Twin = Seriously? :p
V4 - Similiar to V-Twin but has 4 Cylinders instead of 2.
And so on...

It gets a bit trickier with Sports bike, but over the time just by hearing the bike you can figure out what engine config it is. Most sports are IL4 anyways :p

Associate
V-Twin with a dry clutch. There's something very mechanically primal about it, like a WW2 tank.

IMO, most stock V-Twins or V4s sound better than aftermarket IL4's. #justsayin

Associate
My bike, it's reason I bought it :p RSV4

SC Project exhaust is amazing, but a little anti-social for me :p

My Akrapovic is just right imo.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
But your RSV4 is a fun bike, not your commuter is it? On a fun bike there's no such thing as anti-social! :p :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom