Best X570 Motherboards

Associate
Nobody has had their order dispatched yet? Really want to know if they will honour it, they have a online chat service don't they?

well according to my email they constitute a contract when they take and authorise payment not when they ship the part with thier exact words being "Payment has been authorised and we accept the contract between us is now unconditional" so if they do try to back out of it then legally that would be grounds for breach of contract.

Associate
well according to my email they constitute a contract when they take and authorise payment not when they ship the part with thier exact words being "Payment has been authorised and we accept the contract between us is now unconditional" so if they do try to back out of it then legally that would be grounds for breach of contract.

I'm sure Trading Standards would be a good shout at that point. ;)

Soldato
Realistically they shouldn't have taken the money until it shipped. that's how many companies avoid this situation. Alas they did take the money. right away. And as such they can ruddy well ship me my board I've paid for.

Email says:
  • Your estimated delivery date is Tuesday, 09th July 2019.
So It had better ship soon!

Associate
I have email saying estimated delivery tomorrow and payment has been authorised.

I am sure they don't have stock yet so thought they would have cancelled today when they put the right price up.

Associate
I have email saying estimated delivery tomorrow and payment has been authorised.

I am sure they don't have stock yet so thought they would have cancelled today when they put the right price up.

If they've taken payment, then I don't think they can back out of it at this point, it's just a stock issue now. We would have had cancellation emails long ago if they were not prepared to honour the lower price.

It seems like this launch has not be organised very well, at least when it comes to retailers having stock in place and ready to go. Surprising really, as this has been one of the most anticipated launches this year. :(

Associate
Nearly went for the Taichi at reduced price but bottled it - interested to see if they honour it for others. Really should if they have taken the money but I recall previous experience waiting for refund when I ordered a graphics card that never came into stock even though it showed 'in stock' when I ordered!

Associate
Nearly went for the Taichi at reduced price but bottled it - interested to see if they honour it for others. Really should if they have taken the money but I recall previous experience waiting for refund when I ordered a graphics card that never came into stock even though it showed 'in stock' when I ordered!

If you take payment, then you either provide the product/service, or you give the customer an immediate full refund. Anything less than that is fraud. ;)

Soldato
OP
I thought I'd be best posting this here as some may be affected - I haven't updated my BIOS yet so can't confirm if it's an issue.

From the article...

We recommend that unless you literally possess a 3rd generation Ryzen processor, do not update the BIOS of your older socket AM4 motherboard. You may risk losing features and break your RAID volumes. Find out the latest version of BIOS that has the classic AGESA PinnaclePI 1.0.0.6 microcode, and use that instead.

Soldato
Same at the moment for me.
Well they have had my money for a couple of days now. The interest is racking up! :p

Wording on the email.

"Payment has been authorised and we accept the contract between us is now unconditional (same as may appear in our Terms and Conditions). Your order has been sent to our warehouse and will be picked shortly. In the rare event of a delay we’ll contact you by email and SMS."

Looks like it will have to be honoured. Just a case of when?

Last edited:
Associate
got a feeling am not gonna get my motherboard as its been outta stock most of day and still no dispatch. 14:12 my order went in here yesterday cause i couldn't find the listings on the site. think i may as well cancel the order and get from elsewhere.

Contact OCUK customer support and switch the order to a different board that's in stock. This is what I've done by moving from the aorus elite to the pro.

Back
Top Bottom