Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F | Netflix

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I enjoyed it. I’ve not enjoyed an Eddie Murphy film in a long time but love his 80’s catalogue.

Same he made a lot of duff including Coming to America 2. Also glad he moved away of trying to play every single character in a movie phase.

Soldato
Thought this was really good, I'd have happily paid to see it at the cinema but not complaining it was on Netflix.

Just realized JGL hasn't really had a major role since Dark Knight rises and Inception era.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thought it was pretty good overall, but...

Anyone else feel that Rosewood and Taggart were just glorified cameos in this? The movie imo missed the interaction between all 3 of them, that really only occurred at the end in the car. Would have been nice to see all 3 in some more scenes together. Yes they're getting older but so is Eddie Murphy who's only 4 years younger than Judge Reinhold.

Soldato
A solid 6/10 for me, far better than 3 but not quite as good as 2 and way behind 1 with a story where you'd have to be legally blind to not see who the bad guy is, but with some good stunts, good humour and just a sense of "fun".

As with all these "a sequel 20+ years after the last one" films, it's always bittersweet to see the cast ageing so much as that just reminds me of my own advancing age.

Soldato
A solid 6/10 for me, far better than 3 but not quite as good as 2 and way behind 1 with a story where you'd have to be legally blind to not see who the bad guy is, but with some good stunts, good humour and just a sense of "fun".

As with all these "a sequel 20+ years after the last one" films, it's always bittersweet to see the cast ageing so much as that just reminds me of my own advancing age.

Yeah my thoughts as well, think I would give it a 7/10 though, as you say seeing them aged does give that bittersweet effect, 30 years since the 3rd movie! But I’m pleased it was decent, was worried with it being on Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom