• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF4 Retail CPU scaling measured

Well if the i7 uses 26% in sli and I use 80-90% with an i5, it will be an i7 next for me..50-60% less cpu utilisation according to people on here, I just find that hard to grasp!!!!

The 26% figure can't be right.
MSI Afterburner latest beta monitors CPU usage in the OSD.

I know BF4 and HT scaling is more than conventional, but 60% less usage is impossible.

Also, that 19% figure is with the game minimised, you can see by the graphs that when in game it's far more (How you missed that is beyond me)

The only way you can get an accurate figure is if someone takes screenshots with while in game with MSI Afterburners OSD showing the CPU usage.

I don't recommend dual GPU and an i5 for BF4, but it's not that dramatic a difference in CPU usage terms.

Last edited:
The 26% figure can't be right.
MSI Afterburner latest beta monitors CPU usage in the OSD.

I know BF4 and HT scaling is more than conventional, but 60% less usage is impossible.

Your right I didnt read off the graphs only read the task manager utilisation figure, my bad.

I agree with you. So approx 60% verse 85% for an i5.

Last edited:
For the third time ;)

MSI Afterburner latest beta.

It's a new feature, I only noticed it as I hadn't installed MSI Afterburner since 8.1, I installed it and had set up my OSD, noticed there's loads more options, I think even CPU temp.

Just installed the afterburner beta and took a few shots showing both cpu and gpu usage history in game.

Gpu's.
Xp5rYAh.png

Cpu.
Dnj7XAa.png [/IMG]

Cpu usage is pretty high at max, though my chip is currently at stock speed at present. Gpu's maxing at 95% each. Waiting till i get new ram before clocking it up. Incidentally, max ram usage eas 4.7gb.

Last edited:
As Martini stated earlier, it looks like unwinder has no interest in creating a 64 bit version of ab. It's not ideal alt-tabbing out of the game to monitor stuff, and the g15 is pretty poor as well.

As Martini stated earlier, it looks like unwinder has no interest in creating a 64 bit version of ab. It's not ideal alt-tabbing out of the game to monitor stuff, and the g15 is pretty poor as well.

Actually, very recently he's commented he may be doing MSI Afterburner OSD 64 bit exclusively.

I was having a snoop as I was looking for info on voltage for R9 290's.

Back
Top Bottom