Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, how the hell you manage that?

I know I can bend a few things on the bike but breaking the frame, its not good :p

I know about the gaps on the road surface, there was one on the way home from work I avoided everyday until I forgot about it and clipped the back wheel on the edge of the whole, put 2 huge dents in the rear wheel and bent it slighty. It was eventful trying to ride home after that :p

Broke my frame!! ooops! Ripped the mech clean out of the frame and also looks like its bent.. argh.. :( Damnr oad gaps! :p

I did that recently on my Enduro, ripped the hanger in two, and took the retaining screw on the frame clean off too. On the plus side, it was an excuse to upgrade to an XT Shadow rear mech :D

I am looking to be a mountain bike , i am 6`5 and just under 18 stone and need to get fit again :mad: , whats the best size frame to buy

Last edited:
I did that recently on my Enduro, ripped the hanger in two, and took the retaining screw on the frame clean off too. On the plus side, it was an excuse to upgrade to an XT Shadow rear mech :D

Wish i had a mech hanger.. damn 222's. Might buy a V10 now! Done it by trying to gap a road crossing in the local downhill race by hitting the mud lip.. instead of the concrete one.. ah well! :(

Probably a 20 or 22" (could be L or XL), but depends on the bike vendor.

I'm 6ft 2 and ride a 20" kona explosif and a large (20") orange 5. I'd suggest a 22" might be a good place to start.

If your powerful & heavy and want something robust the kona hoss might be worth a look but I would definately ride whatever before you buy.

Iain

A V10 frame? £1500 brand new i can get one for... maybe less..

Why not just buy a new swingarm?

The rear is 150x12 isnt it? I', surprised they dont just make a damn frame with thick ass cnc dropouts and mount the hanger to the back with the axle through the mech hanger like on my bighit. So bloody secure its unreal.

You seem to like breaking stuff though! :D

Blown it whilst pumping up the tyre?

Ive never done that, but after saying that I will probably do it tomorrow pumping the tyre's up. Just got to get the pump from the car but Im a bit lazy atm :p

Just washed the bike, its outside drying. I hope it does'nt get too cold out there and its starts to freeze stuff up. I left it outside to dry once and it went bloody cold, did'nt realise it had. Went outside to get my bike and my brake levers and gear shifters had froozen. Had to use some de-icer on them to get them working again.

If there were any space in the house, it would be inside if I had my own way. Doubt the rents would agree though :p

Why not just buy a new swingarm?

The rear is 150x12 isnt it? I', surprised they dont just make a damn frame with thick ass cnc dropouts and mount the hanger to the back with the axle through the mech hanger like on my bighit. So bloody secure its unreal.

You seem to like breaking stuff though! :D

Im heavy as hell on bikes.. plsu i ride mine everyday. Rear end on mine is 135mmx12mm. The 223 and 224 had replaceable gear hangers. Shame the 222 didnt. Phoned up orange and a new back end is £400+ the VAT! Thats TRADE lol. I aint paying that,. Gonna try a frame saver on it. If not im gonna be skint cause im gonna purchase a V10 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom