Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blown it whilst pumping up the tyre?

Ive never done that, but after saying that I will probably do it tomorrow pumping the tyre's up. Just got to get the pump from the car but Im a bit lazy atm :p

Yep didnt I feel silly my housemates had a good laugh though, I just sort of looked up at my tyre to see this huge bulge coming out the rim and before i had time to release the pressure there was a nice loud bang :o then I was forced to goto halfords n pay a fiver for a new one cus I needed it fixed sharpish :(

Although to be honest I've had a good laugh at my mate who decided to go out n buy a JJB special full susser and thinks its the mutts nuts because it was £240 reduced to £120 just a pitty it appears to be worth about a fiver on a good day to a blind man with more money than sence, weighs close to 3 times the weight of mine and doesnt have a named component on it anywhere

Last edited:
Im heavy as hell on bikes.. plsu i ride mine everyday. Rear end on mine is 135mmx12mm. The 223 and 224 had replaceable gear hangers. Shame the 222 didnt. Phoned up orange and a new back end is £400+ the VAT! Thats TRADE lol. I aint paying that,. Gonna try a frame saver on it. If not im gonna be skint cause im gonna purchase a V10 :p

Ah i thought you had a 223 for some reason!:o

Got to go to work tonight and work on crap bikes and im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not in the mood after what i did last night so the usual moany customers better stay out ma way. :(

Halfords for you lol. Get some moany people in my mates shop. Dead annoying! Anyways, small update. Frame is fixed, used a frame saver :D Hopefully it will last!

I want to see this, pics please!

Nothing exciting,drilling the mech bolt hole out to the next size up and placing a threaded thing in the hole that the mech can screw into.

Yeh halfrods......much fun. Building a damn 12" firechief...only fun part of my shift was my bro was in charge and shuttign the shop so drag racing a 2.2 turbo diesel laguna up and down round the back of the shop.:D

Hi guys,
I've been looking for a new bike for a few weeks now. A few days ago i decided to get the Giant XTC 4.5, so i went to my local dealer and asked if i could order it. He said i would have to wait up to 13 weeks! I said i couldn't really wait that long so he said he could do me a deal on the XTC 3.5, reducing it from ~£640 to £562. I wanted to ask if anyone thought this is a good deal? Should i take it?

If anyone has one of these bikes and could give it a quick review, that would be brilliant :D

Thanks.

/Cries

Just looked at the vid from my 2nd last outing with my old pals. Over a yeat ago. *sniffle*. After that I did one more with the boys and 1 race. I am seriously unfit with a SC Heckler and a SC Nomad not being used due to ill health. Any one else been off thier bike for a while?

Hooray for weescott! Seriously, I'll 'borrow' your Nomad if it makes you feel better. I feel experiencing VPP will be beneficial in my choice of new bike.

Edit: Did I see some Intense 5.5s?

Last edited:
completly selfish nostalgia trip:

Nomad002_sma.jpg

Nomad_xtr.jpg

Nomad_xo.jpg

Nomad_heckler.jpg

Cant wait till I get back on the bike. :(

Heckler now has some 2006 Fox 130's on it but....still I cry.

My brand new GT Avalanche 2.0 2008 turned up today. :D I love it. Can post pics tomorrow if anyone wants :)

P.S. Anyone got any good bike cleaning tips, (especially for the wheels). :)

Thanks

Any one else been off thier bike for a while?

Not been off it per se, but I've been riding mostly natural stuff for the last few months. I went to Glentress again on Tuesday to do the red, loved it, then was back down again today doing the black. I'd forgotten just how much I love the trail centre experience, i.e. you're only ever climbing or descending, never both on a single section. And I nailed the Wormhole and most of the Shore stuff, so I'm really chuffed today.

Nice bikes btw, particularly like the look of the Nomad. I'm considering an SC as my next bike when I've worn the Enduro into the ground.

al

Not been off it per se, but I've been riding mostly natural stuff for the last few months. I went to Glentress again on Tuesday to do the red, loved it, then was back down again today doing the black. I'd forgotten just how much I love the trail centre experience, i.e. you're only ever climbing or descending, never both on a single section. And I nailed the Wormhole and most of the Shore stuff, so I'm really chuffed today.
al

I went to Coed-y-Brenin on Saturday - couple of evil climbs in the middle of some of the singletrack sections. Bottom of the Llandegla black has a non-technical singletrack slog back up the hill.

Last time i was off the bike was when i broke my foot.......right now it feels bloody wrong using a bighit day in day out for getting to college or work! Not doing it justice! but riding the stumpjumper now feels damn scary.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom