Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've sorted my rear gear problem.
A new outer cable, a new lightly greased inner cable and it's shifting sweetly now :)

Glad that's all it was.

My gear indexing problem for today...would shift halfway up the block but mess up all the way to first...8 speed shifter on a 7 speed freewheel....wtf. :confused: Damn halfords bikes.

Soldato
Admiring the view yesterday.

Plattekill1.jpg

Soldato
I've just got back from wales but my forks have broken
I did 2 days in cyb and today at penmachno (really good) about 3/4 around penmachno I felt that my forks weren't taking any shock as my arms started to rattle loads. hopped off and found that they would only compress it you hold all of your weight over the bars and jump, so going over most drops/rock gardens they were rigid (not a good experience) and they wont rebound to the full length + it takes for ever.
the forks are pretty crap but i didn't want them broken they are sun tour XCR things that came as stock
I emailed genesis and the frame is rated up to 130mm travel. I was thinking some revelations or similar. I may try to claim a new set on warranty and sell them but I wont see much change from 400

help !!

Soldato
Awesome.:cool:

What price, if you don't mind me asking?

£250. It's got a new rear tyre, brand new pedals, new gear cables replaced at owners cost and the rest of the bike's 2 months old. Couldn't say no to it really. The only bad points were the saddle being ripped on the back (swapped with my old bike so that's OK now) and the crank arm was worn and fell off a week after having it so that needed replacing (£15). The lights were off the other bike too, but all in all I can't complain.

I've not had any problems with the forks, but I appreciate they're not the best thing since sliced bread. I'll keep my eyes on them for sure. :)

Associate
Anyone delt with Evanscycles in person before? I mean actually going into the shop?

In my experience (Fulham branch), the people are very nice and professional, they were patient and answered all my questions even I was only buying a saddle and a set of mudguards.

Also, you can test ride any bike they have which is nice, just that you have to leave your debit/credit card behind when you go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom