Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratches make you cry? I got an 08 Glory with literally CHUNKS of paint missing... just over a month old!

ah dude I feel for you, ah well tis the power of the uplift really. On that note anyone going to Bringewood for the uplifts on the 19th or 26th, cant wait to actually do some riding again.. have been too lazy recently.....

Here's my custom POS in it's fetching colour scheme. :D

PHTO0024.jpg

Currently stripped awaiting a satin black respray.

Here's what I'll be ordering in a few weeks if all goes to plan.

giant-xtc-ex-zoom.jpg

2006 Giant XTC EX.

Lot's of lovely Shimano LX/XT goodness. You lot are a bad influence. ;)

great value that giant xtc ex, that was in my shortlist last spring,

giant xtc ex
trek 8000
merlin malt 4

went for the merlin but i know i would have been happy with any in my top 5 really, mine is a very similar spec and i can say that after 1500 miles the LX kit has been great, even the brake pads have hardly got any wear on them and i've not even needed to adjust them. only just last week did i replace the chain and the middle chainring but that was just wear and tear :)

Monkey: Bad news - You can't buy a bike with a value more than your Ride2Work voucher.

I have a 07 FSR XC Comp and it's a pretty decent Cross Country bike. The only downsides I've encountered is the frame design stretches you out towards the front, so if you’re planning on doing steep descents be prepared to feel like you're getting thrown off the bike.

Also - you probably mean an 08 FSR :)

Sorry, just read this thread after a long time.

Of course you can pay more in the ride to work - I did. Just pay the rest in cash

Picked up some White 08 Fox 40 lowers today :) Should look nice on my Glory.. Was cheaper to buy lowers than have them serviced, new seals and bushes! Mad eh!

forx1.jpg

My misses accidently shrank a Woolen jump that I had, was just about to throw it out and glanced at the label and saw it was made of Merino Wool.

I've heard about Merino wool base layers before but the ones I've seen were pretty expensive, anyway tried my shrunken top as a base layer whilst Biking at Dalby the other day and it was superb. I've only ever wore a cotton vest before and the difference was unreal, on the really hard sections you could feel it just getting slightly damp but within 5 - 10 mins it was bone dry again.

Thats it really, thanks for listening:)

I had seen this beauty around didn't realise it was yours mate. Looks amazing this setup. How much have you spent on this in total so far then?

Just got back from my parent's holiday home in France, It's about 20 min bike ride from Foret Domaniale De Perseigne Map

The mist was so thick you could hardly see past your front wheel for the first few days I was there, However once the weather cleared up I found it to be good ride. I did about 20 miles a day for 4 days and only saw one person the whole time it was great not having to slow down for walkers, dogs and such.

anyway here is a pic of my bike with new shocks and brakes, when i gave up on about my 7th hill of the day.

Hill.JPG

And some other pics

pic2

pic3

pic4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom