Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I ordered the Cube Acid off CRC... Hopefully get it before the weekend and give it a blast up Afan Argoed or something!

Be nice to get out on something that isnt a full on DH bike! As much fun as they are they are no trail bikes! :p

Soldato
I ordered the Cube Acid off CRC... Hopefully get it before the weekend and give it a blast up Afan Argoed or something!

Be nice to get out on something that isnt a full on DH bike! As much fun as they are they are no trail bikes! :p

You should get it next-day, I did, free postage was a bonus too!

Soldato
I've been a few times. It's a good trail centre although the black run scares me :D

black run is what you make of it, you can roll over the jumps or jump them, as you get more experienced you naturally go faster. i love llandegla.

been to the marin track also and last Sunday visited the new penbechno , its a single track like marin very rocky and challenging at parts , doesn't seem to flow as much as marin, but its different.

my ride

DSC00813.jpg

Soldato
Look at the state of this! Went out on my Genesis Core 2.0 for one of the first times as i have had some medical issues, and it has been just sat there since i bought it. Did a 14 mile ride along a canal, where i came to quite a booggy patch. The mud was just sticking to my tyres, and clogging it up so much, that the wheels wouldn't turn, where i had to stop and unblock it all.

You can literally see a massive thive mud blanket around the outside of my tyre.

dsc01794bg1.jpg

dsc01795ro9.jpg

I was not pleased about putting that state back in my car i can tell you! I had to stop half way home and use a car washer t hose it down a bit, i was as far away as possible and tried not to get it on the bottom bracket or forks.

Sprayed GT85 into bottom bracket/forks/etc afterwards so it should be ok...

how do you find your genesis? I love mine, its really versatile wack the seat and short stem for street :p just the forks on the 1.0 version are naff so I need some new ones because coed y brenin & penmachno broke them.

Permabanned
Should have seen the Dragon Downhill race at Pen-yr-Heol Farm in S.Wales. New track built a week before, que loads of rain and it turned into a bog! I rode a different track every time i went down it! My bike was that dirty i couldnt see the colour of it, i was completely covered from heat to tow in mud and the uplift vehicles were rented buses! Which were wrecked by the end of the first day! But getting muddy is always fun!

Soldato
I need mud gaurds, I mainly bike on the road and other day got soaked and it looked like I **** myself the amount on me back but aint sure what decent mudgaurds to get for my bike and if they will fit, I never been down dirt trails apart from if they were dry.

Soldato
black run is what you make of it, you can roll over the jumps or jump them, as you get more experienced you naturally go faster. i love llandegla.

It's the steepness of some of the berms on the black run that I don't like. I really like Llandegla though and it's improved my riding no end.

Soldato
It's the steepness of some of the berms on the black run that I don't like. I really like Llandegla though and it's improved my riding no end.

going to coed y brennin this coming sunday, looking forward to experiencing new near death incidents. im only new to this kind of thing this sunday will be my 4th time ever riding these trails, the first time was llandegla and i s*** a brick! second was easier, knew what to expect and attacked them berms with some confidence.

i get the feeling my luck is going to run out and anytime soon im going to break my face on a rock, i dont have any technique or skills i just ride and see how i handle each obstacle as it comes.

not confident with jumps yet, came off and knocked my self out in delamere about 8 months ago on a different bike, no helmet and only back break working.

mates say i should learn alll these skills and techniques to make you more nimble on the bike, but im not wanting to be leet on a bike , any experience outdoors on a bike is good enough for me, extreme or no, dont care , just as long as its off road and fairly challenging , i have no aspirations in doing backflips etc, the marin track is as extreme as i would go in terms of decisions per second your required to make.

Permabanned
Got my Cube last night, built it up and im fairly impressed for a £500 bike. Took it out for a bedding in today and it rode lovely, better than expected! Forks are fine for what they are, not as bad as Toras that i had on my specialized! Very nice bike and excellent value for money!

Soldato
Just wondering guys, how hard is it to bleed Hayes Solo's?

My front practically does'nt work and the rear is getting to the same stage. Its over 16 months old now the bike without the brakes being bled, I think its time that they need doing.

Im sure that my local bike shop where I got the bike from, could do it but then it depends on price. How much would you think it would cost for them both to be done?

Thanks

Associate
Guys im looking at a new bike and the only one left is a 20" frame. Now im 5' 8' would this be to big ?

I did find this

Adult MTB (26" Wheels) Sizing Chart
Your InsideLeg Frame Size
25"- 26" 15" - 16"
27"- 28" 17" - 18"
28"- 29" 18" - 19"
30"- 31" 20" - 21"
32"- 33" 22" - 23"
34" +23" +

Being a 32 inside leg would this bike be the correct size ?

Soldato
i'm just under 5'9" and a 32" leg and run a 17" malt4 so i would guess a 20" would be a size too big for you, ideally you'd want a 16"-18" but if you can try it out, try to have a few inches between the top tube and your nuts when just standing over the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom