Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just noticed this thread.. Here is my beauty. :)

2171396489_548029d32b_o.jpg

Associate
8" Rotors = delicious :D

What are the Revelations? AT/UT/Air UT? What did you upgrade from and how do you find them?

I paid about £230 for the 426 Dual Air With PopLoc from merlin cycles. At the time I ordered, You got 10% off all order over £200, Original price was £269.99 then I got another 5% from all new purchases with a new credit card.

I upgraded from RST TnL Gila Lockout, only good thing about them is the lock out.

I Love them infinitely better than what i had, light, really smooth, easy to adjust and plenty of travel when i hit some thing big. I can also go down hills much better and faster. My only problem is now when going up steep hills my front end lifts off ground, but I think that more to do with my inexperience than the forks.

I think Bunka bought them at the same time as me, so it might be worth asking him as well.

Again I got the brakes from merlin, I paid £150 then another 5% off with credit card. full set of (07) Avid Juicy 7 for £140, again I cant fault them.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ah, it goes down just to where the bent is on the frame, and its been cut! Its a DH bike, so i dont fancy a seat digging in when hitting a huge double lol! :p

Soldato
Permabanned
Well going off the spec on the Cube and the specs on various other bikes at the same price there is a huge difference! The Cube has XT, LX and Deore.. Most bikes around the £550 mark have Deore or less! Are the Rock Shox Darts any good? Im not really clued up on XC equipment

Soldato
Look at the state of this! Went out on my Genesis Core 2.0 for one of the first times as i have had some medical issues, and it has been just sat there since i bought it. Did a 14 mile ride along a canal, where i came to quite a booggy patch. The mud was just sticking to my tyres, and clogging it up so much, that the wheels wouldn't turn, where i had to stop and unblock it all.

You can literally see a massive thive mud blanket around the outside of my tyre.

dsc01794bg1.jpg

dsc01795ro9.jpg

I was not pleased about putting that state back in my car i can tell you! I had to stop half way home and use a car washer t hose it down a bit, i was as far away as possible and tried not to get it on the bottom bracket or forks.

Sprayed GT85 into bottom bracket/forks/etc afterwards so it should be ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom