Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maaaan, wish I wasn't getting married at the end of the year, such decent prices out on bike kit.
Check out http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b4s26p1146, not half bad imo!

You need to sort your priorities out. :D

I want a CX bike, but then I also want a Pugsley, a big dummy and a DH bike. I've got 3 bikes and it's not enough :(

Some what ironically, I have no intention of using it for CX. Its just CX bikes are so versatile by nature that it kills a number of birds with one stone.

I'll still be getting a main road racing bike which I will use on days where the roads aren't so covered in crap.

Your bike sounds like this one from a quick Google: http://www.cyclesurgery.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/1025614

Just look at picking up a 34 or 36T ring if you're feeling brave, presuming the current front ring is a 104BCD you shouldn't have problems choosing a replacement. But you will have to increase your chain length, which will probably mean a new chain. Additionally your bash guard probably won't be big enough to cover the new ring.

Thats the exact bike.

I will have a look into a new chain ring. But i may just leave it as is as im having to much fun with it atm :)

Heres what will be my new daily ride:

P1010098.jpg

I think its a '76 going by what the guy I bought it from said, Although once I've cleaned it up I'll hopefully be able to date it.
Has the original Sturmey-Archer 3-sp internal hub on the back, in perfect working order. Came with the full mudgaurds and rear carrying rack too.

The plan: Switch out the bars for some flat ones I have laying around. Hopefully change them out in the future for my prefered bullhorns. Also going to remount the Sturmey gear selector from the bars on to the top tube, and probably take off the rear brake. Of course keeping all the old parts so it can go back to (what I assume) is stock :)

With a regular hub it would be converted to fixie but this hub is too cool :D

6thElement:

Why did you ask how tall i was and the size of the frame? did you think it was too small!?

Any excuss to get a newfull sus frame, the wife doesnt believe me it too small....

Last edited:
need some cheap forks for my bike, up to 130 mm, must be quick release, I've had 2 pairs of these suntours on warranty and they just keep breaking, I was looking rs revs but they are expensive, I ride trails quite hard, what are the options?

thanks

I just bought a new SS mountain bike and yes it is pretty sweet.

Going fixie im not to sure about :)

Wouldnt if you use it off road but on the road its a lot of fun. Theres two of us on the uni campus ride fixed and theres a real group feel to it, like the riding, finding parts etc.

I still have a front brake though! Too much rain!

Ive got the Hayes Soles. But i havent tried to bleed them yet as they are only a few days old and the bike shop sorted them out for me.

:p

Mine are 17 months old now and need some attention. I guess I will have to get a quote from the local bike shop to get both brakes blead as they really need to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom