Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly 3 bikes isn't enough so I've got another frame on the way, couple of months wait for it though :(

Jonny, everyone knows bikes are supposed to be black, preferably matt black.

Good conditions on Saturday, started snowing straight away, made for some interesting rock and log sections.

IMG_0964s.jpg

A couple of weekends ago I went to Swinley Forest for the first time,.....Virgin MTB wah wah wah

:p

Get some DMR V12's with Terror pins and some Five10 shoes m8.

If you come off with that combination I will be impressed!

Actually no, I will make even more fun of you. :p

Real mountainbikers bare scars you know ;)

------

Heckler and Nomad will be back soon. Wahooo!

Hi guys,

I have been using my Merlin Malt 2 as a commuter bike for a while now and I always feel weary about leaving it outside of work and shops, etc. I think its time to get some decent insurance on it but Googling for bike insurance brings up loads of companies - can any of you reccomend some bike insurers?

Cheers,

Craig

Ordering this on Friday:

but in Matt Black!
I was about to ask if you're upgrading to the Vanilla RLC forks, but it appears they've removed that choice and you can only go for the Float or the TALAS... Not so keen on their geometry choices for this year either, the '07 model seemed to be a little more sorted.

Anybody know a good place for a respray? Just checked the price of argos cycles and tbh i would expect a full blown 6 girl + me orgy for that sort of money!

I'm thinking just plane black all over with white decals. Or a nice red with white rear end.

I'm wanting to know the same thing, so if you find somewhere post here! :)

Getting it with Fox 32 Vanilla R, they're some mighty nice forks!
Oh they're lovely forks, it's just the omission of lockout that fails to seal the deal for me. Why Orange couldn't at least have specced the RL model beggars belief.

What size are you getting and have you managed to find a cheaper deal that the £1,199 RRP?

Here is my girls Marin that I was on about. She's only little so this frame fits perfectly!

katesbikeci9.jpg

I want one. Acually I want a 2008 Rocky Ridge to be exact. And a rockhopper. :D

Oh they're lovely forks, it's just the omission of lockout that fails to seal the deal for me. Why Orange couldn't at least have specced the RL model beggars belief.

What size are you getting and have you managed to find a cheaper deal that the £1,199 RRP?

I'm gonna pop into a local dealer tomorrow, see what he says, bought 4 bikes from him in the past. I'll let you know though.

Going to get the 19".

Guy's reading this thread has got me all excited again, i'm hopefully going out this weekend on my bike which has been out of action for far FAR too long (lack of money for replacing broken wheel rear mech & brakes and you name it really...) i recently decided to **** it with some of my student loan and get the biatch repaired its taking a little longer than i hoped. But i want to be out over the weekend and the pentlands hurting myself :)

I generally don't do the online bike community stuff because i don't know where to go, this thread it good but sports is really lacking bike input, where else do you guys go thats nice and friendly yet busy?

//Edit: I'll get some piccys of my bike when i get it back (its sitting around the local bike shop right now in peices).

Spec Hardrock 2003 (:eek: old :( - but was told to buy it from here :D)
But over the last 4 years of my on/off MTBing it's now got:
Marzocchi Bomber MX Pro ETA's '06
LX Front/Back Mech/Shifters
Avid Juicy 7 Front(185mm)/Back(160)
Mavic 717XC Disc (or whatever theyre called i do forget) Hope pro II hubs (they make a ":D" sound - love them for this!) with some general maxxiss tyres (i'm actually sick to death of punctures and debating Kevlar?).
Some nice Candy SL's (which i haven't used yet i managed to get them for a favour off a friend) i need shoes - pics to follow of injuries sustained due to clipless sillyness.
FSA Orbit MX Headset - mine was getting groggy and i just paid for a replacement at my LBS

Haven't changed:
generic truvativ crankset that came with the bike (which i'm actually quite happy with since my friends avalanche 1.0 he bought last year give up the ghost within the year =/)
Seat - not all that comfotable on the way to my usual destinations but i can't justify comfort all that much :D
Generic stem - its not broken/bent yet :p

Think that documents just about everything and shows how excited i am to get it back and PLAY! :D:D:D

Although worrying how much i've spent on it, and how little riding i seem to get out of it =/

Last edited:
Although worrying how much i've spent on it, and how little riding i seem to get out of it =/

I spent a **** load on biking last year, I've already ordered another bike this year and been on one biking holiday with at least 3 more big trips planned. Unfortunately there's always something new to buy or somewhere new to go...

Last edited:
My first full susser is on its way to me as we speak!

I've bought an Orange Patriot 7+, with 5th element shock, XT running gear, SRAM casette, Rock Shox Boxxer World Cups, avid juicy 5 discs, answer pro taper bars, easton ea50 stem, but i still need to choose my wheels crankset and saddle/post!

Can't wait to get out and do some heavy freeriding :D

PS: anyone want my claud butler cape wrath? Don't have room for both of them! Deore all round truvativ cranks cane creek headset etc! :p Are we allowed to sell bikes in the for sale section?

Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom