Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my new bike. One of the first people in the UK to secure and receive their order!

nothing like receiving a 2008 bike in February! :(

crushhq1.jpg

Quite possible the best bike for sub £1k. Astounding build quality with a component sheet to die for. Brakes are amazing and shifting is a dream. Fork is excellent too!

Quite frankly, i love it.

Very nice, was looking at that myself a few months back but wasn't overly keen on the paint job. Did you go for the black/white fade or get a custom one?

I'm still firmly in the faffing about stage.

I test-rode a Kinesis Pha5e which I enjoyed thoroughly and then bought an ex-demo Pha5e off the distributors for a knock-down price, only to have the bike arrive in a completely unusable state and nowhere near the promised condition. So that went back.

Since then I've toyed with the following:

Pace RC303
Pace RC305
Dialled Bikes Prince Albert
Dialled Bikes Alpine
Orange P7 Pro ('07 model)
Orange Crush ('07 model)
Kinesis Pha5e (glutton for punishment)

I'm currently trying to get a test-ride on a PA as I've been offered a rather nice second-hand one, but in the Medium (17.5") frame which I fear will be too small.

Failing that I'm considering the Dialled Alpine frame or possibly going completely mental and getting an anodised Pace 305.

slightly lighter than the RLC then, but missing lockout which i really wanted.
Why do they do it?! At least spec the RL which is an OM only model. Gah!

not looking at On-One anymore :( shame, the pace is silly money and its mainly just expense for the name
The only On-One that interests me is the 456 and I've actually fallen for the Dialled range over the On-One range thanks to the lovely PA and the imminent arrival of the Alpine.

The Pace is expensive, and initially I was after a 303 because I could get a cheap one, but everyone says they are amazing bikes and I have to admit the black 305 really looks rather special.

Aaarrrghhhhh :(
I still need to source some avid 160mm P.M to P.M 185mm adapters, annoying the hell out of me now. CRC won't have any in until the 29th, Edinburgh Co-op can order them in but they'll take at least 3 weeks... Everywhere i check doesn't seem to have them in stock, i took a gamble on some A2Z 160 to 180 adapters in the hope i'd have some play, but no luck it seems... :(

Anyone got any ideas? I don't know that many places to check, i've checked a few of the "avid dealers" but its not prooving very fruitfull and i've given up :p

I'll be back on a bike this week after having a major off mid summer last year and borking 2 discs in my back, finally been given the all clear for some "gentle" riding again (yeh right).

No more 15.5lb Rigid Ti/carbon singlespeeds for me though, just bought a Cannondale rush1000 to save my back at least a little bit, cant wait! :)

Yeh that was me, that was the best bike I've owned, twas so nice to ride. The last one was Ti singlespeed and some stupid boutique light parts which was in light roadbike territory at 15.5lb, bit crazy for a mountain bike really and I'll never do it again! :)

Yeh that was me, that was the best bike I've owned, twas so nice to ride. The last one was Ti singlespeed and some stupid boutique light parts which was in light roadbike territory at 15.5lb, bit crazy for a mountain bike really and I'll never do it again! :)

Ive got a pic of it on here somewhere, always look at it when searching through my pics. I just drool over it all the time. Ultimate hardtail.

I remember when it was a single speed too. Would'nt try it myself tbh.

Glad to hear that your getting back from the injury. Just in time for spring and summer if we get a decent one :p

dunker, what front light is that? I have a cateye light that looks similar to that. Do you find that it securly clips into place? Also, how have you managed to keep the bike nice and clean but the tyre's caked in mud? :p

the front light is a cateye EL530 there is some slight vertical movement at the plastic clamp if i grab it and pull it up and down but riding over ruff stuff it stays put well. as for the tyres i've not needed to wash the whole bike in awile as it's only been getting slighlty muddy so i just poke the big clumps off with a stick and wipe away any spots with a rag, only takes a few minutes and does'nt make a huge mess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom