Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaarrrghhhhh :(
I still need to source some avid 160mm P.M to P.M 185mm adapters, annoying the hell out of me now. CRC won't have any in until the 29th, Edinburgh Co-op can order them in but they'll take at least 3 weeks... Everywhere i check doesn't seem to have them in stock, i took a gamble on some A2Z 160 to 180 adapters in the hope i'd have some play, but no luck it seems... :(

Anyone got any ideas? I don't know that many places to check, i've checked a few of the "avid dealers" but its not prooving very fruitfull and i've given up :p

would getting 160 rotor not work in the short term.

Last edited:
progress update on my polished frame, just done one side of the swingarm so far, took around a day to srip the paint then a few hours to get it to this stage.

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

It was swinging about a bit when i was taking the photos, its also been laquered so that needs polished up but i'm happy with it :)

i didnt think a shimano shifter would work with a sram front mech either? as sram are 1:1 and shimano 1:2? or is that JUST rears? If you're right you've saved me £20 as ive got a sram X7 mech here that came with the frame, but was going to replace it with XT as i have xt shifters!
Your X.7 front mech will work with the shifters. It's only rear mechs that must match for compatibility.

So does that mean my X.0 shifters, XTR front derailleur, X.9 rear derailleur, XT cassette and Dura-Ace chain won't work?

;)

The shifter and mechs work fine........chain and cassette will work. Am i missing your sarcasm?

Oh and is every god damn ****** bike shop as bad as each other. It will be in on wednesday,thursday at latest. If i dont phone you they are in. Go in on thursday at about 4.30pm in the soaking rain after riding about 3 miles. Not in. Phone them today...i'll find out where they are and phone you back...no phonecall. About as bad as the other shop i used getting me minions instead of high rollers. I opted to pay £135 for saint cranks from a 'local' shop rather than buy them online but nooooooooooooooo they cant give the service online shops give!

Last edited:
Meh, Jonny i'm in the same position, i' currently racing 3 companies for P.M adapters, 29th being the earliest they'll be in, and i've got some bolts that are the right thread (but with normal spanner heads) being sent my way from friends. I know i'll get 3 pairs at once in about a week :D

The shifter and mechs work fine........chain and cassette will work. Am i missing your sarcasm?

Oh and is every god damn ****** bike shop as bad as each other. It will be in on wednesday,thursday at latest. If i dont phone you they are in. Go in on thursday at about 4.30pm in the soaking rain after riding about 3 miles. Not in. Phone them today...i'll find out where they are and phone you back...no phonecall. About as bad as the other shop i used getting me minions instead of high rollers. I opted to pay £135 for saint cranks from a 'local' shop rather than buy them online but nooooooooooooooo they cant give the service online shops give!

i went for high rollers too, ordered them from wiggle on thursday with budget delivery, they came today :D £20 each and there was £5 off if you spend £50 or more, so got 2 high roller 42as, 2 conti inner tubes and a chain for £52 inc postage.

I have two newish(one totally unused) 160mm rotors fannying about doing nothing. Can send you them if you wanted to run them for a while.

Oooooh, that sounds really good, i will get back to you, i have bolts coming (meant to be today so it'll be monday now i guess) from the father which should fit but won't be allen head. Which will also tide me over till CRC get them in, or where ever else as well... But if these bolts i get on monday don't fit, actually i was gonna say if they don't i'll use your rotors but by that time you've sent them, i've fitted them and went out the P.M. adapters will be here :D But very kind of you anyway!

bits1.jpg

5thelement1.jpg

Found this on the shock too :D

tftuned.jpg

need some new decals ;\
decals1.jpg

brakes:

juicy5.jpg

Just waiting on my saint cranks, easton stem and answer bars, mavic ex729 / hope pro2 wheels and boxxer world cups to come in the post now!

PS the headtube is indeed 1.5" but it has an FSA the pig 1.5 reducer headset so it'll be reet.

headtube.jpg

thepig.jpg

Tom.

Last edited:
*SNIP*

i couldve got the MX ones but decided to go for normals :X

I would consider changing the juicy 5's mine where terrible could never get them set right either to tight on the disk or to loose and with now adjustment control i found it hard to set them up to how i like so moved to the juicy sevens! Other than what a bargain!

I've had no problems with my Juicy 3's, I think they're fantastic. My mate has 5's and they're the same with a few more features. Dispite what the description of them is by SRAM, they're quite adjustable so I wouldn't worry about that. You should get the new style rotors (203mm, obviously) as I've heard people have had huge improvements over the old kind, but that's an upgrade for another day.

mine must be a dodgy set then, there the only problem i have had with my whole bike they have been serviced a few times now at different places but still are not right plus they squeal when i lean left :(

mine must be a dodgy set then, there the only problem i have had with my whole bike they have been serviced a few times now at different places but still are not right plus they squeal when i lean left :(

Sounds like a problem with your pivots(if its a full sus) or your bearings in your wheel are loose.

I don't like the feel of juicys,3s and 5s, as i have big hands and the levers come well too close to the bars.

They have got a long stroke, but the lever position adjust helps. I run mind so they close close to the bar as it's more comfortable on long descents where I'm holding the lever down. They're a bit spongy, but that's my only complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom