Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't gone biking in ages, sold my old one a long time ago but have recently wanted to start again so bought myself a Diamond Back Response 2008 hardtail today. Is it an alright bike for starting out on or should i be taking it back to get something decent?

Will post some pics if its approved :D

Built up my new custom Commencal Meta 5.5 VIP over the weekend, and took it for a bit of a spin.

169kuhy.jpg

Just need some new pedals and some grips and it should be looking how I want it :)

right I'm going to order some marz all mountains, it has a post mount on the forks and I have a is mount caliper, I cant work out which adapter I need though. is there a + 20 or 25 mm one so I can go up to 180mm rotor too?

thanks

has anyone got and rs revos they want to sell cheap? I just missed out on some for 150 pounds practically new I'm about to cry :( ....... how do you get around import tax with shipping some from america, so cheap there :O

Depends where your buying from?

If its an independant seller, then you can get them to list the item as a gift. You would'nt have to pay for custom charges and import tax.

If its off a website then I doubt they would list the item as a gift.

I've given up on the idea and gone for the zocchi all mountains but thanks anyway.
this still applies tho :p

right I'm going to order some marz all mountains, it has a post mount on the forks and I have a is mount caliper, I cant work out which adapter I need though. is there a + 20 or 25 mm one so I can go up to 180mm rotor too?

thanks

You'll want to stick about three cable ties on the Chainstray (sic ;)) protector, like one in the middle and one at each end, or it'll fall off :p

isn't it velcroed on? ive never had one fall off.

and that trance - get a 70 or 80mm 0 degree rise on it. that stem looks way too long. a shorter stem will give you faster, more precise steering, without feeling too bargey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom