Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went on a nice morning ride today

IMG_20131210_084314.jpg

Encountered a significant obstacle!

IMG_20131210_091250.jpg

Looks great man, top pic is gorgeous!

What are peoples opinions on Orange, in particular their frames and the G2 series?

There are a few pretty reasonably priced G2s on pinkbike and bikeradar. They seem to have good spec, minus the XC28 forks but Im looking to upgrade my Rockrider 5.2 now that Im getting more into the sport - would the G2 be a frame I could put a better fork, such as a Recon Silver/Float 32 on a few months/year down the line and potentially upgrade over the course of a few years?

Andelusion, hope you tried to bunnyhop the stump?

I did, the bike is pretty much planted in the tree, I'm on the otherside, this pic was actually taken by a squirrel, true story bro.

what do you guys use? I've tried cheapo clarks, EBC, superstar, Hope both organic and sintered been ok but not great.

I've been using OEM Hope and Superstar sintered on my M4s for... err, nearly 4 years. Never had any problems with stopping power or performance in any conditions and I've been fairly heavy at points (14 stone, 11 now :D), if you've tried all of those brands and compounds but think they're not great then maybe you need bigger rotors/a brake setup? I'm not trying to be an ass :)

im 15 stone and i have 203mm rotors :(:(:(

You're probably not getting them warm enough to work properly with discs that big. I'm about 19 stone kitted up and have no problems with 203/180mm rotors and sintered pads. Having used Hope and Superstar I can't honestly tell the difference, organic Hope pads were rubbish though.

Other than weight is there any other reason to make an upgrade on a cassette or chainrings?

Mine both need replacing, the parts I'm using now are just Shimano HG50 cassette and basic Shimano chainrings too. Although I'm going to stick with what was on there before (found no issues) I'm interested as to knowing the other benefits for upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom