Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news today.
I was only riding Cannock Chase - Follow the Dog Trail to gently settle the bike in. Half way round I was coming down a gradual hill, braked and turned into a corner and the front wheel folded. I went over the bars, I'm fine but the wheel isn't - it's literally folded completely in half.

I've dropped it back to the Specialized Concept store I bought it from and they were very surprised. They are sending me a new one for Tuesday.

Really nice SDK^ Well colour coded. :) What Tyres are on there?
Tyres are Specialized S-Works Eskar 2.3's suitable for a loose/hardpack surface.

Bad news today.
I was only riding Cannock Chase - Follow the Dog Trail to gently settle the bike in. Half way round I was coming down a gradual hill, braked and turned into a corner and the front wheel folded. I went over the bars, I'm fine but the wheel isn't - it's literally folded completely in half.

I've dropped it back to the Specialized Concept store I bought it from and they were very surprised. They are sending me a new one for Tuesday.

Tyres are Specialized S-Works Eskar 2.3's suitable for a loose/hardpack surface.

Got any piccys of the damage? thats a bit much on a bike of that range!! i must say

My friend has a photo on his mobile phone - i'll get it on Monday.

What else did specialized say? anything of use at all or where they as surprised as you. The plan is to go full suspension this summer but this a put me off specialized haha probably a good thing as i have a massive list im looking through!

Bad news today.
Whoah, that could have been very nasty indeed, glad to hear you came out of it okay.

I'd hope Specialized are going to offer you a little extra on top of the replacement wheel as a way of saying 'sorry we almost killed you'. Perhaps a wheel/rim upgrade or some free bits might be in order.

Doesn't sound right SDK, i'd push for a little extra too, just have them throw something in since you spent £3k on a bike and it didn't sound very up to it!

Awaits pictures, but it folded sounds as bad as i imagine, jeez =/

What else did specialized say? anything of use at all or where they as surprised as you. The plan is to go full suspension this summer but this a put me off specialized haha probably a good thing as i have a massive list im looking through!
I had a massive list too, now it's either the Spec Stumpjumper (expert) or Trek Fuel EX9. I've tested the SJ and it's actually a really nice bike. I've read a lot about people saying how the suspension feels wallowy, but I had the brain completely off when I tested it, and it felt fantastic. Having said that, I'll be getting the Fuel unless it turns out to be completely rubbish when I demo it in the summer.

Just go through your list, read up on the bikes and what type of riding people use them for (mtbr is best for this) narrow it down some more from that, and then demo the last few.

I had a massive list too, now it's either the Spec Stumpjumper (expert) or Trek Fuel EX9. I've tested the SJ and it's actually a really nice bike. I've read a lot about people saying how the suspension feels wallowy, but I had the brain completely off when I tested it, and it felt fantastic. Having said that, I'll be getting the Fuel unless it turns out to be completely rubbish when I demo it in the summer.

Just go through your list, read up on the bikes and what type of riding people use them for (mtbr is best for this) narrow it down some more from that, and then demo the last few.

Bet that is a tough choice out of them pair! although i really like the fact that trek use bontrager for most of there spec over specialized own brand stuff, how did the brain seem to you? how did you find the brain though i would be very interested to know as it seems a good idea to reduce bob on flat riding? i have had chance to get to any demo days yet i have spent all my free time riding the scandal but im gonna wittle the list down on spec for now.

Managed to take the Duster up to Cannock today for a run. Gave her 18 miles over the Chase and across the Dog and it was spot on. Really pleased with the steel frame, could definitely tell the difference coming from an ally one. Just enough give on the back for a pretty comfy ride. :)

monkeypants, i bought a trek fuel ex 9.5 a couple of years a go and it rejuvinated my cycling. superb bike. but to add to the difficult decision my brother rides the specialized and thinks its the puppies nuts. sorry to make it difficult both are superb but i am def chuffed with mine.

Fully geared up with water etc - 90kg (198lbs & height 187cm)

Trying to find info on your wheels. My mate is a bit of a fat tall git, who weighs 97kg non-geared up. He landed a jump the other day (he doesn't actually jump high much due to said weight) and also literally folded his wheel in half.
We had a check online on his rim details, and they are only supposed to take up to a maximum of 90.

What's yours?

Trying to find info on your wheels. My mate is a bit of a fat tall git, who weighs 97kg non-geared up. He landed a jump the other day (he doesn't actually jump high much due to said weight) and also literally folded his wheel in half.
We had a check online on his rim details, and they are only supposed to take up to a maximum of 90.

What's yours?

it isnt easy to find info on the specialized spec wheels as they maybe dtswiss but they are specifically made for them and arent general bits that are on the dt swiss site, the best way to find out is if they have a manual with it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom