Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just bought this - brand new - £200 :o

matt black light weight frame (with track-ends), Track dropouts, red deep v rims, all high quality polished aluminium components, lightweight. 44 x 18 gearing with a freewheel (not fixed gear cog but could easily be switched to fixed-gear with a new cog). IMPORTED FROM USA

Last edited:
Thinking of getting these instread of V12 Mags. Slightly heavier but a lower profile.

dark_pedals.jpg

mmm

after having my forks fitted for a few weeks and not going on a trail ride I think they've finally bedded themselves in, the problem is that they are a little too easy to compress, and are easier to compress than they were when they were new.
the forks are zocchi all mountains so I presume I need to wack some more air in it I presume.
how easy is this to do? do I need to buy I marzocchi fork pump thats like 28 pounds?

can anyone post a guide on how to put more air into the forks,
they are All Mtn 3 2007

Went out to Llandegla last night after work. Really good ride, seemed to have the legs going well on the climbs and everything rode so nicely.

Lovely night to be out - so good not to need bibs, SealSkinz and jackets. Dry and dusty, that's the stuff :)

Went out to Llandegla last night after work. Really good ride, seemed to have the legs going well on the climbs and everything rode so nicely.

Lovely night to be out - so good not to need bibs, SealSkinz and jackets. Dry and dusty, that's the stuff :)

Sounds great.
Last time I was at Llandegla it was -8C.

Can you guys give me an opinion on the bike below? It's mainly for road riding with a little footpath riding across fields to and from work and the odd trip out on a nice day. My limit is £400 but I know very little about bikes and I'm looking at getting it to work with my new fitness routine. (friend at work recommended the bike)

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=71029

It will be the first bike I've been on for about 8 years since a nasty injury that stopped me BMXing (use to ride a KHE Catweasle) at the age of 17, I've really not ridden a bike since but looking forward to starting again even if it's for a different purpose.

I've just picked up my new bike \o/
Initial impressions are that it feels awesome; the frame is extremely stiff and the suspension is very plush. The colour doesn't look great in the photos but in the flesh the Metallic Bronze looks stunning.

I'm taking it for a first proper ride tomorrow.

2008 Specialized Enduro SL Pro Carbon

2008_Enduro-Pro-Carbon-01.jpg

2008_Enduro-Pro-Carbon-02.jpg

2008_Enduro-Pro-Carbon-03.jpg

2008_Enduro-Pro-Carbon-04.jpg

2008_Enduro-Pro-Carbon-05.jpg

2008_Enduro-Pro-Carbon-06.jpg

2008_Enduro-Pro-Carbon-07.jpg

I have always wanted one so I tested an Enduro S-Works some weeks ago and it was spot on perfect for the type of riding I do - climbing hills and descending like a bat out of hell :)

The bike cost £2700

It's very, very nice. Are those chocolate brown rims I spy?
Yup :)

The standard UK seat is white so I asked them to change it for the S-Works Beige one. A white saddle would have lasted all of 5mins in the UK mud. Both seats have titanium rails :cool:

Last edited:
just bought this - brand new - £200 :o

matt black light weight frame (with track-ends), Track dropouts, red deep v rims, all high quality polished aluminium components, lightweight. 44 x 18 gearing with a freewheel (not fixed gear cog but could easily be switched to fixed-gear with a new cog). IMPORTED FROM USA

Looks like a fun bike to ride! Can't justify a 3rd bike though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom