Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to cycle to college on a heavy saracen MTB, 10 miles there and 14 miles back so you should have just got something cheap, but then again you mention steep climbs so a roadie might be good, how steep are the climbs? On my commute I used to have about 1 11 or 12% climb. not very long and maybe a 10% drag, the 10% I was going up at like 10-14mph on my old MTB now on the roadie I get like 20-25mph up it so quite a difference, before the drag is abit you go down so does boost speed quite abit . I'm guessing you wil be even faster since your bike is lighter and just better all around than mine.

Soon my commute will be a very small and flat 3.2miles each way, but I've got cars and multiple lane roads to deal with.

Last edited:
It's relatively cheap at £520, good parts list, nice and comfortable etc., light but not OTT
Just treated myself to something, since my new job is paying me £14 K more than my current ;)

It's relatively cheap at £520, good parts list, nice and comfortable etc., light but not OTT
Just treated myself to something, since my new job is paying me £14 K more than my current ;)

14: more?? What was your last job like 4K or something? :p, I'd have got a full carbon bike :p

Looks like a nice buy for £520, my Genesis Aether cost me £700 but I got 10% discount and the frame does not look as good as yours, its got 105 rear, Tiagara Breaks, hubs, front mech, chainset and shifters and carbon forks which are standard now adays.

Infact my bike:

DSCF0934.jpg

Not very big pic but gives an idea, I had some new wheels with Open Pro and Tiagara hubs, about £25 more than my old ones, the wheels are 32 spoke compared to 16 spoke and slightly bladed before but they apparently are stronger. I was looking at Bianchi is that a 2007 model?

14: more?? What was your last job like 4K or something? :p, I'd have got a full carbon bike :p
I was looking at Bianchi is that a 2007 model?

Nah full carbon is OTT for me, will just be used to commute, as my passion is MTB. I'm looking into blinging out my SX trail though :D..... or buy a full on DH bike

The Bianchi is the new 2008 C2C Via Nirone Sora
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/id40521.html

The brakes arent that great, but they say the frame rides like that of a much more expensive bike.

Nah full carbon is OTT for me, will just be used to commute, as my passion is MTB. I'm looking into blinging out my SX trail though :D..... or buy a full on DH bike

The Bianchi is the new 2008 C2C Via Nirone Sora
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/id40521.html

The brakes arent that great, but they say the frame rides like that of a much more expensive bike.

Ahh thats why its cheaper I guess, its using Sora shifters. Yea the frame looks really good and streamlined, do a few upgrades and it might be worth much more :p

My new bike I'm collecting on Friday :)
Never thought I'd buy a roadie, but I have really far to cycle to MY NEW JOB (sorry, had to try contain my excitement there)

bianchi-c2c-via-nirone-7-aluminium-sora-9-speed-compact-2008-road-bike-2008.jpg
Good choice, plus you will own the road with a roadie. I miss having a roadie, the the mtb does the job plus it allows me to go trail riding in kent with the mates.

Right people, here's a challenge for you.

Pimp my Ride, SX Trail style! :D

Got a 2008 SX trail I wanna bling and pimp like a mofo!!
http://www.rutlandcycling.com/Produ...gle1/productID/8009/groupID/34/categoryID/274

I have better brakes on there already, and also a G-Ring + LG1 and taco, and better pedals.

Any other upgrades you can think of - that would
1. Make it even lighter
2. Look sweet as pimping!
3. 180 mm of travel at the front

Think the white rims and handlebars are overdone, but knock yourself out!

What a cracker!! well worth the waiting :D
Oh yes. I've got some shorter (150mm) forks to put on for more level trails but they're still being serviced.

I'm just waiting on some longer chainring bolts so I can put the e-13 supercharger on there.

It feels really weird going from clipless to flats, I'm going to have to learn how to stay on the pedals while jumping again!

just got back from our biking holiday in wales, was really good! did Landegla on Sunday really liked the downhill, did mbr at coed y brenin on monday, day off on tuesday and then did tawr in the morning on wednesday then did dragons back in the afternoon, some hillarious crashes!
Wiija were you at coed y on wednesday morning I swear I saw a bike the same as yours! I was carrying my friends bike up from tawr as he'd wrapped it round a rock haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom