Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert '08 I got recently. Its a test bike so it is blue rather than the standard silver but it has never actually been used, got £500 off it even though its never been used! :)

Its handled everything I have thrown at it so far, going to Afan in a month and then hoping to go abroad for a serious mountain biking holiday some time next year.

09082008121si4.jpg

09082008123hp9.jpg

09082008122ze1.jpg

09082008124jk9.jpg

09082008125wc9.jpg

09082008126sh0.jpg

09082008127dw1.jpg

Nice bike.
I did Afan a couple of weeks ago, the W2 trail [Whites and The Wall]. The Energy decent towards the end of Whites is awesome.

100 Miles is just lunacy, can't imagine a worse punishment!

100 miles? :p quite easy, well not for me at the moment, but I did 135 yesterday and 160+ a couple weeks back, 130 miles Audax on sunday too :p, I've been overtraining though as I'm loosing all power about 90+ miles.

coupld months ago 72 miles was hard for me, now I do 25+ miles frequently, is easy once you up the mileage but now I know to have plenty of rest.

Will that Leadville 100 be on TV if armstrong is doing it?

Also I dont get the pic lol, whats it mean?

Heres my custom Raleigh Burner (havent ever got round to taking pics of it with its grips on), think i got around 15 of the things in many places

My main ride Kona Coiler deluxe 06

Just got back from the LBS with my new Specialized Tricross with me. Rode home and they hadn't put any air in the tyres since I test rode her and I need to have a little bit of a fiddle with the stem adjustment, it's one of the ones with 4 position's and I need to get the thing more aero. Seems nice though. Managed to get £200 off list price to bring her within the range of the cyclescheme and also persuaded them to chuck in a few goodies:)

After a couple of days riding to and from work the Tricross seems excellent. It's really nice to feel comfortable on a bike for the first time in years, skinny tyres on both of my other bikes. Went for a brief 'hoon off-road on the way home and the feeling of speed on a drop bar bike on rough terrain is pretty exhilarating.

At the moment I would say that if I could only have one bike then it would be this one. You don't need to put in too much effort to cruise on road at 20mph, she's pretty comfortable and you can give her a lot more of a thrashing than a racer.

100 miles? :p quite easy, well not for me at the moment, but I did 135 yesterday and 160+ a couple weeks back, 130 miles Audax on sunday too :p, I've been overtraining though as I'm loosing all power about 90+ miles.

coupld months ago 72 miles was hard for me, now I do 25+ miles frequently, is easy once you up the mileage but now I know to have plenty of rest.

Will that Leadville 100 be on TV if armstrong is doing it?

Also I dont get the pic lol, whats it mean?

It was 100 miles off road ;)

Video coverage here:
http://www.superhumanmag.com/content/view/763/92/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom