Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather's relatively nice here tomorrow apparently so I guess all I'll have to worry about is riding all the way to work into the wind, and then inexplicably riding all the home into the wind as well :rolleyes:

Nah, that's not what I'm seeing, most places have the SLX at 889 including the BB. (including Shimano) Are you sure that's not the deore set you've got weights for there?

So I'll see your :p and raise you a :cool:

I'll see your :cool: and call with a :o. I was looking at the bash gaurd version. So we are both right.....sorta.

Oh well...£50 for a 50g weight saving for XT. :eek:

Got my new Rockhopper Comp today, and I love it, its gorgeous :D

A quick 6 mile test ride has reminded me how unfit I am though, will have to ease myself back into riding :o :D

Specialized customer service is superb.

Whilst having the rear shock bushes replaced at the Spesh store they called to say there was a problem with the shock; the rebound on full (slow)wasn't returning as it should be. So, they are replacing it with a new unit under warranty.
Any other manufacturer would have just left it as it was.

Oh, and the bike will be ready to pickup this Tuesday - 2 working days after I dropped it off :)

That's really good, well done them...

I finally got my new-build On One Scandal out for a proper ride... All used parts, but it really works well, it's got the drivetrain and wheels out of my Carrera Kraken, and the upgraded bits like bars, saddle etc I'd added to the Kraken, plus a used frame and lightly used Revelation dual-air u-turn fork. Credit-crunch new bike :D Very pleased with it so far, inasmuch as it never once tried to kill me, and didn't fall apart. Still not getting the best from the forks but they're a lovely bit of kit, I can see me spending a lot of time playing with the dials and pressures.

But I still want, no, NEED lighter wheels and some nicer drivetrain parts. And once I've done that, I can replace the brakes, and then I can rebuild the Kraken as standard and sell it :D

The wait is killing me, so you guys just have to deal with me posting stock pics of my makulu :P

pbpic2890383.jpg

Mine will be looking something similar

Snow might stop me tomorrow, but a temperature of -12C and windchill of -20C might also play a factor.

Crikey, you can't cycle in that surely, is this in NY? What gear do you wear, Gore-Tex jacket etc? What about gloves? I've been out over christmas when it's been 1 or 2 degrees and thats been cold enough, but it doesn't help not having the best kit.

The joys of mountain biking - I'm getting chain suck on my HT, so it's time for a new cassette, chain and granny+middle chain rings. Mind you, that has to better than the whole drivetrain locking up every now and again!

I dont know what to do, these people are watchng me and my house and MUST live opposite me it's IMPOSSIBLE stealing the bike wihin 45 mins flat without watching me like a hawk
I have a new Bugg puppy (kinda expensive dog that I love to peices) - what if they steal him?! (incidently also named Makulu :p )

What happens when my Morewood Makulu comes, it's a £4 000 bike. I lock it up like hell inside the house, if they can't manage to steal it, they just steal everything else and stick my toothbrush up their arse for good measure?

What about an alarmed lock?

Needs a bigger rear mud guard :p

Hehe, wel it's only there to keep the mud off the rear shock where it sit on the swingarm - bit of mud trap down there

he will travel too fast down hill for the mud to catch up with him :D

That's the ambition, if only the talent was on par :( :)

What about an alarmed lock?

Will look into it, although I think I have it sorted now - it's going in the spare room, bolted to the floor, with 2 different chains on it.

The wait is killing me, so you guys just have to deal with me posting stock pics of my makulu :P

tell me about not only I am I getting paranoid it wont arrive but it's gone up in price to £2900 starting to think 'what if they want me to pay the extra'. I Know they wont and hopefully only about another 8 days to wait.

All the reviews should say "Buy 2 cheap P7 torches from Hong Kong" :cool: I've compared mine to the Joystick and to a recent Hope set, and what I think was the Ayup bike kit, and they beat them all for spread and output, for £35 the pair plus batteries :D

Here's my current setup.

Two Tesco Cree LED AA's and an LED Revolution from Edinburgh Bike Co-op.

Was thinking of Ayups as a possible purchase, but the cheapo Tesco Cree's are working brilliantly so far :-

resized1.jpg

resized2.jpg

resized3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom