Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sup3rc0w, sucks about your local ratbag dude. Get some CCTV, you can pick it up pretty cheap from the catalogue place and other such establishments. Of course this would require you to stick your new bike in the shed as bait... so perhaps try with a different bike ;)

Is the shed in your back garden? Surely they'd have to have line of sight into your back garden to see the bike is in the shed... else how would they know it's not in the house?

OR, they just periodically bust into your garden every other night, check out the shed, and got lucky that second time :(

Either way i'd seriously think about getting that CCTV. The idea that someone is in and out of my property would really give me the willies. Sure they only nick bikes, but what if one day their balls dropped and they decided they had the minerals to take it further... :/

Cheers Dampcat - we actually made the decision now just to move :p
It was not entirely due to the bycycle thefts, however it did not help the situation. My mother in law offered my Wife and I the opportunity to live with her rent free, so we can save to buy our own house and capitalise on the economic downturn - such a buyers market for first timers if you have cash waiting :)

Her house is nice and safe and has a proper storage room for the bike :)
It also helps that her house is 5 minutes away from my favourite downhill area! :D

They defo watch, its mad. I remember when i got my bike stolen years ago and it was from right outside the front door and was literally there for less then 5 mins. The door was around a corner so there was no way to actually see the bike unless i was watched going to the door with it.

Now i wouldnt keep one in a shed or anything, now have a garage with a full on garage T bar lock on the drive and then the bikes bolted to the wall in side with a mototcycle lock and a security light outside so no one can go through the door which is in the garden behind a 6ft solid wooden gate with 2 huge padlocks.

Very. :cool:

I'm a firefighter and we have rechargeable Peli-Lites issued to us but the Tesco Cree outperforms those by a huge amount.

As Northwind said, the beam is a bit too narrow/focused for road use though. The collimator thingy mod helps though.

The set up I have just now, both Cree AA's are angled slightly higher than the Revolution LED underneath. It's pointing lower so it lights up the immediate tarmac in front of my wheel.

Seems to work quite well and I'm going to grab another Edinburgh Bike Co-op Revo LED to add to the other side, again on a BLT space shuttle with a Twofish lockblock on top.

Can 2 perfectly light up the road for pitch black lanes and all that? How much are the lights? Wonder if a Tesco Metro in the city center would have any?

Long shot but no-one else would be attending the uplift day at Caersws tomorrow would they? :) I'l be on a sparkly orange Brooklyn Racelink, with a mate on another Racelink, and no doubt a shed load of other people.

Long shot but no-one else would be attending the uplift day at Caersws tomorrow would they? :) I'l be on a sparkly orange Brooklyn Racelink, with a mate on another Racelink, and no doubt a shed load of other people.

I was hoping to be there - planned to be actually, but the bike still ahsn't come so had to sit it out :(

Nice bikes though - before you can start posting in the 3+6 thread you need to show us your bikes first!

Can 2 perfectly light up the road for pitch black lanes and all that? How much are the lights? Wonder if a Tesco Metro in the city center would have any?

Yeah, as Northwind said they very good indeed. I find my two plus the LED Revolutions that I have underslung below the Tesco Cree's ( see my previous post with pictures of my setup on the previous page to this one :cool: ) are a perfect combination.

Hurry up if you want Cree's from Tesco's though - Every man and his dog seems to be buying them up, my local store where I got my last two were out of stock and the girl at customer services upon looking up her computer at expected stock deliveries said it looked like there were no more to come. :(

Cracking torches for the money if you can grab a pair though!!

Just noticed one of my LBS' has the Cervelo 2009 range in stock now and I couldn't help taking a look at the Cervelo S1 ( pretty much last years Soloist ).

Looks cracking value for money. What do you reckon?.

The bonus is it looks absolutely stunning as well :-

cervelos1.jpg

£899!!!!

Incredible bargain!!!

Once my current Cyclescheme payments are finished this year, I'm thinking of moving one of two ways - either going for another roadbike and use the FP1 as my main commute bike/winter hack or making the jump and going for a half decent MTB so I can get the best of both worlds.

If I go the "other roadbike" route, the Cervelo might have a look in. :D

Noob question: After today ripping a big ass hole in the leg of my pants, I need to buy some more. I was riding in some old trackie pants, but I'm wondering, if I go out and buy some decent mtb specific pants, whats to stop me from doing the same to them? Are they fitted differently to stop this or what?

Was a bloody good ride though, muddy canal tracks down to a local nature reserve. Covered in mood, soaking wet feet, but loved every minute :D

I have a pair of Fox Huck trousers which have a toughened inner on the right ankle and a velcro strap to prevent them catching. I usually just wear shorts now though and wear legwamers/bib underneath if its cold. Most mtb shorts are made from nylon / ripstop material and have a cycling specific fit to stop them ripping or snagging.

I'm using Endura Humvee 3/4 shorts mostly now, they come with the clickfast liners too which are excellent.

I wear fox blitz shorts and with under armour bottoms in the winter, Ive not ripped the short very tough material is used.

Rang the shop trek have emailed them and said it should be Fri 30th, the shop said that usally means the week after :(

I wear fox blitz shorts and with under armour bottoms in the winter, Ive not ripped the short very tough material is used.

Rang the shop trek have emailed them and said it should be Fri 30th, the shop said that usally means the week after :(

No good news from me either. Got an email rfom Morewood today saying there was ANOTHER delay/issue with the BOS delvery, and will only clear South Africa this week. Morewood said that they will then look to get it off to the UK this weekend.

A little good news (not that it helps with my petience at all) is that phrases like "Bike of the century", " Best bike I have ever ridden" , "Stands out above the rest" and such like have been coming out of the Dirt managine office describing the Makulu after their uplift weekend with it and the rest of the test bikes (M6 with the Manitous etc)

BOS asked for the bike back (as they were the ones that sent the bike to Dirt, not Morewood) and Steve Jones (from dirt) made excuses as he didn't want to let it go. He managed to hang on to it and seems as if he's blagged himself a bike! :D

Looks to be a seriously impressive machine that Morewood. Are you buying it as the frame/shock/fork package? Certainly not cheap!

Yea getting the package - it's a lot of money, but if you compare it to the ful build commencal or the Iron horse this year, it's really not badly priced. Funnily ebnough I think the best value for money this year is the trek session 88

Yea getting the package - it's a lot of money, but if you compare it to the ful build commencal or the Iron horse this year, it's really not badly priced. Funnily ebnough I think the best value for money this year is the trek session 88

The Sunday is one of the few bikes that would tempt me off my Racelink. They ride exeptionally well.

Noticed you were in the BOS thread on SDH btw, i'm [Ady] on there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom