Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting this on the Ride2work scheme. Will be used for the occaisional off road jaunt but nothing serious! Ok as a general bike or go for something else?

Thats the Comp '09 isn't it?

Andi has one I think. Decent enough bikes for commuting and light off road. You might want to change the tyre's though.

Thanks, 6th Element :)

Could someone give me a quick overview of what you think is absolutely necessary to have in terms of tools and other equipment for maintenance (such as lube, grease).

At the moment I know I'm going to need:

Allen key set
Torque wrench
Spanner set
BB tool
Spoke key

Grease, lubricant, possibly some kind of muc-off bike cleaner?
Set of brushes
Chain cleaning tool - how necessary are these? Is it not possible to just use a brush of some kind?

I'm really excited to get all the gear together and properly maintain my bike over its lifetime, so any help would be appreciated, thanks :D

I get my local Specialized Concept store to do any major changes/fixes. The price is reasonable so don't bother with tool sets.

When out on a ride I just carry a folding Alen Key, spare tube and a chain link tool.
Cleaning gear– brush set, Muc Off/any cleaner, GT85 and depending on conditions dry/wet lube.

The Enduro SL is a great bike
icon14.gif

The Rockhopper is a very capable bike - great for Cross Country mountain bike riding and zipping around on the road as well.

The Rockhopper is a very capable bike - great for Cross Country mountain bike riding and zipping around on the road as well.

Excellent will order it tomorrow then.

More than capable. Mines taken everything I've thrown at it no problems at all. I'd buy it again tomorrow if I was in the same position.

It felt very light in the shop,does it feel the same on the road/trail?

Excellent will order it tomorrow then.

It felt very light in the shop,does it feel the same on the road/trail?

i got rockhoper normal/basic one with the tora 302 sl forks and it a nice bike.

i agree about the tyres and they arent the best for gripping the off road.

out of interest what you recon a good set of tyres for the rockhopper then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom